Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Essays

Options
  • 15-06-2006 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

heard a thing on the hook show on newstalk yesterday about these companies over in the UK offering essays for sale for degree/masters students. has anyone ever used any of these services? sounds a bit risky to me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

And also a bit pointless. Why would you bother doing a degree in the first place if you're not going to do the work?

Doesn't anyone have those nice shiny things called morals anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭yamo

i guess they're overrated at this stage...

serious money involved - nearly €2500 to get your dissertation written for an MA. am just curious to see if there's anyone who uses these places. have done a bit of lecturing myself and have seen a couple of questionable pieces in my time...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Morals me hole. Morals don't put money in the bank or food on the table. *Edited* Incase anyone gets the wrong ideas *Edited* Mind you I've never bought an essay or had someone do one for me. Maybe I'll get better marks if I do.;) * goes to looks for essays on ebay*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I edited that post incase anyone thinks that you can blag your way through college, You could do what you suggested, but the SECOND you get a job you'll be found out and things will go badly.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭GoldieBear

I agree with Lump, i mean you are going to have to stand over your education arent you? It will show if the work isnt your own, eveb say if you learn someones essay for an exam question it will show up to the examiner. In teaching (especially history) you can spot it a mile away. Dont you honestly want to say that you worked hard and honestly for your degree, it will give you integrity if you do your own work and apply yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement