Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

floppy fw

• 15-06-2006 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭

firstly i am a complete linux bigger (except a little experience with suse) but now ive downloaded this floppyfw Os for an old pc with no other use
    how exactly do i config it? I mean al i want to do is forward ports and set up the dmz and howto assign ips to both the nics ive no idea with shell the only time i used it was to install software
    http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1155/sam0101i/0101i.htm

you should had read the tuts on the page btw, this one goes into detail about a firewall.ini to open ports. I'm sure theres a lot more in that that you would need to learn too.

btw pity you would have to go and edit the floppy every time you wanted do so something with the IP filter, you could try finding out which packages it uses and put it on a server version of another distro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

I'd look into IPCop or Smoothwall, both of which have easy, web based management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

in that case what a load of ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

How old is it ? if its going to be on all the time , you could stick a big (check first that there is no disk size limitations beofre you go buy one for it ) drive in it, put on proper linux/bsd and make it into storage space too.

weeder wrote:
    in that case what a load of ****e
    in what case, floppy operating systems are never that great....

• Advertisement

its a k6-400 my main serveer houses the storage

what clock speed?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

At a guess, 400MHz?

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Hook up a CD drive to it and install a proper firewall. You only need the CD for the install.
    Check out IPCop, Smoothwall and m0n0wall, all are excellent and easy to use.

• Advertisement

I've seen Ubuntu Hoary running on a 400Mhz PC with GNOME and everything. If you just want to use it as a server why not just install the server (command line) version

the whole point in this thread is so its not my server

and I'm saying that that could all be done with a command line linux server with a sshd. (If you know the shell commands that is)

Advertisement