Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anime Music Radio Programme Special

Options
  • 15-06-2006 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

The radio station I work with is having a special world music day for the August bank holiday Monday. And I've agreed to do one of the shows and I wanted it to be about music from anime.

So if anyone has a good collection and wants to speak enthusiastically about it let me know if you are available that day and want to come on air.

This is Dublin based by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

No one interested at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

I wont be around but am definitly going to poke people I know will be interested in this!

Art_Wolf wrote:
    I wont be around but am definitly going to poke people I know will be interested in this!
    Ah good stuff.

We're only down the road from DCU as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

He poked me.

As much as I like to ramble on about anime music, I find the prospect of doing so on radio rather daunting.

Plus, I don't like to listen to anyone ramble on about any kind of music, so I wouldn't inflict myself on anyone.

...and I get rather a lot of money for working bank holidays.

Okay... well this is taking place next monday.

August the 7th from 15.00 to 17.00 on NEAR fm 101.6

Because it's two hours long I've had to broaden it out into a contempory Japanese music programme so I'll be playing anime themes, music from video games and some Japanese bands.... A lot of Shonen Knife and Pizzicato 5 as I have lots of their stuff. Maybe some music from contempory Japanese cinema too... I'm sure I have the score from Ring on CD somewhere... ha

If anyone has any requests for anything particular let me know and I'll see if I can play it on the day.

Oh and we have livestreaming here:

http://nearfm.ie/livestream.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I have a silly amount of jpop/jrock/jmetal/jeverything mp3s, cds, dvd's etc.
    maybe 50 Gigs of mp3's or something like that. I'm actually working on the 7th though, yeah I know it's a bank holdiay, and I'm off to croatia early in the 8th.
    So I'm fairly tied up, but I could sort something out for you over the weekend if you want.

edit: if you want I can make you a playlist out, and send it on? do you need stuff to be on cd's or will mp3's do? most of this stuff is not available for purchase here anyway, maybe you need to contact sony, avex?
    I'm not sure how that side works, anyway I'm sure I have enough music on cd's to get you through.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Maddzy

Play some Dir En Grey and Mad Capsule Markets, they're two good examples of Japanese bands with worldwide success. Also possibly X-Japan, if you need to fill time you could play Art Of Life :)

Other stuff I'd like to hear are Shiina Ringo, Boom Boom Satellites, The Black Mages (could be included with video game music), Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra (Not just the Lupin III theme :P ), and Takako Minekawa, whos song "Fantastic Cat" you are bound to recognise.

Theres a ton of great and strange Japanese music to fill your show, and I'll certainly give it a listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

CuLT wrote:
    Plus, I don't like to listen to anyone ramble on about any kind of music, so I wouldn't inflict myself on anyone.

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture." - Frank Zappa

TomCo wrote:

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture." - Frank Zappa
    Ha.. yes... I love that quote.

I really don't plan on talking about the music, but am going to talk about the series that the music comes from, I might even throw in some dialogue from the shows.

Shows that I plan on featuring at the moment are Azumanga Daioh, Bleach, Elfen Lied, Love Hina, Fruits Basket, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Seriel Experiments Lain, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Outlaw Star and Martian Successor Nadesico.

I guess I better stick some Akira in there too.

Advertisement