Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on up and coming tad events/gigs/festivals

Options
  • 15-06-2006 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I copied the post below from the Bands/Musicians forum and thought that it would be a good idea to run a similar thread here.
    Although i've only just registered I've been in and out of this forum for a good while now but i rarely see plugs for up and coming events and sessions.

Sometimes i'm stuck for somewhere to go for a good diddly-eye but i recon i'd always know of somewhere if everyone that visited the trad forum let us know of any up and coming trad gigs they hear of or of sessions that take place in local bars etc, posts like these would assure we always have somewhere to go if were in the mood for a good knees up and it would also help session musicians and trad groups etc find people to play to cost i know as traditional 'entertainer' myself i've often played to an empty bar.

Anyway, enough verbal garbage from me.

The post below is a good guide for posting info on trad events, sessions, live groups, singers and festivals etc

Looking for bands/musicians? - Read this first

The bands/musicians forum welcomes all information regarding upcoming events and slots needed. We are pleased that organisers and other musically minded members see Boards.ie as an important forum to communicate musical events.

However, Boards.ie has a responsibility to its members and cannot be seen to endorse any event that could potentially cause any issue. Therefore, the following criteria must be met within the body of your post otherwise your thread will be closed and removed.

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society, band etc.)
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.)
    3. Date and Location of event
    4. How many acts will be on on a night
    5. Any prerequisites (selling 30+ tickets etc.)
    6. Is it under/over 18's
    7. Type of night (Acoustic, rock etc.)
    8. Cost of admission

This list may seem long but if you haven't got the answers then there is a question mark over the professionalism of your event.

As a bynote, I organise events throughout Dublin and sometimes not all the information can be brought to the table at an early stage, however, should this arise please pm Miju or myself.

Papa Smut

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

apparently there is a banjo thing up in Longford. Anyone heard of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 So-ranna

So-Ranna live in Graces Bar Rathmines (across from Pizza Hut)
    Tuesdays from 9.30
    A nice intimate music session, and Graces does a particularly nice pint of Guiness
    Admission is free, over 18's only
    All are welcome...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 So-ranna

A Night of Live Trad and Folk Music with...

'The Broadside Merchants' supported by 'So-Ranna'

In aid of Cancer Research Ireland

19th August 2006 The Strawberry Halls, The Strawberry Beds (Chapelizod end of the city)

Doors open 8.30 pm, over 18's.

Admission €10 all proceeds go to Cancer Research Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Shaybo

Music Network, in conjunction with partner promoters around Ireland, will be touring the Ni Dhomhnaill sisters and the brilliant Scottish guitarist Tony McManus in September.

On Tour: Wed 20 Westport (Matt Molloy's Yard 9.30 pm) Thurs 21 Sept Ennis (Glór Irish Music Centre 8 pm), Fri 22 Sept Thurles (Source Arts Centre, 8 pm), Sat 23 Sept Portlaoise, (Dunamaise Arts Centre, 8 pm), Sun 24 Sept Letterkenny (An Grianán, 8 pm), Tues 26 Sept Dublin (Coach House, Dublin Castle, 8 pm), Wed 27 Sept Carrick-on-Shannon, (The Dock, 8.30 pm), Thurs 28 Sept Ratoath, (Ratoath Community Centre, 8 pm), Fri 29 Sept Bray, (Mermaid Arts Centre, 8 pm), Sat 30 Sept Tinahely, (Courthouse Arts Centre, 8.30 pm)

If you haven't seen or heard Tony McManus I'd get along to one of these gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aine_devir

Dónal Lunny & Friends Remember Palestine
    An evening of traditional song & music featuring: Andy Irvine, Iarla Ó Lionáird, Róisín Elsafty & Graham HendersonThe Olympia, Mon 25 September. Doors 7.30pm.
    Proceeds to the Ireland-Palestine Solidarity Campaign (www.ipsc.ie)
    Tickets €25 from Ticketmaster, 0818 719300 or www.ticketmaster.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement