Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best general use flip phone

• 15-06-2006 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

My wifes Motorola V300 just started to give trouble and it seems to be a hardware issue. I have no clue what flip models are currently available or if there is a clear winner for value or robustness. The V300 seemed to suit her well until the microphone stopped working or whatever ails it now.
    Anyone got any advice or a phone in good condition that they want to sell?
    Thanks, iwb.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Fabritzo wrote:

v3 is, to put it nicely, a piece of unreliable crap. Crap features, sluggish, buggy....the list goes on.

The nokia 6101 or 6103, a bit expensive for what they are, but robust and reliable. No sure myself what other sort of flip phones are out at the moment really.....but I would definately avoid another Motorola phone anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Ah it's alright tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭VroomVroom

Samsung ZV10 is a 3G flip phone - nice camera, nice menus, etc. And fairly cheap on Vodafone, haven't heard of any problems with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

Thanks for that. I had the same feedback about the V3 from someone else also. In fact, I had borrowed one from someone which is locked to O2, so we weren't able to try it anyway. (we're with Vodafone)
    Anyone got a 6101 or 6103 for sale?

• Advertisement

or a ZV10 for that matter? I have absolutely loads of stuff to swap including a 6320 and a 6310, both in good working order and reasonable condition.
    Other items include Skype adapter, 2.5" and 1.8" hard drives, web cams and lots more.
    I really do need to start advertising collected gadgets again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

If you're with Voda then the zv10 is great for the price. 40mb Memory, bluetooth, dual cameras, external screen, its a nice phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd recommend the 6101 as a good, basic flip phone. I've had one for nearly a year now, and would thoroughly recommend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

While the V3 OS is slow and texting isn't that fast. Personally I haven't had a problem with mine other than dust under the screen. Mines 13 months old now. What I really like about it is how slim it is, and its all metal. Most of the new phones feel like they'll break if I look sideways at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

i have a 6101 great little phone... looks way better in white though the camera place/internet/phone place on o'connell street by londis sells it sim free quite cheap (phones are all in the window)

• Advertisement

She actually got the phone fixed. Someone said they could do the job for €35 and she was happy with the phone so the job is done.
    Thanks all for the comments and help.

Advertisement