Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My BT BB Polaxed by UTV???

• 15-06-2006 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

On Sunday night/Monday morning my BB went down at 12 am.

I contacted BT on Monday and after much fustering thay informed me that a cessation order was received by Eircom from UTV so the plug was pulled on the line. Now I left UTV last March nd have been set up with BT since 2nd March.

I have spent well over two and a half hours on the phone to tech. support and CC in BT but I just keep repeating myself. I knew on Monday that a UTV cessation order was the cause of my problem but still, 5 minutes ago I get the line" Oh. UTV have put a cessation order on that line". For jazus sake, says I, I know that and so do BT since Monday.

I can't get to speak to a manager (not available, on the phone, or,even, I can't put you through to that department, they don't deal with the public!!!)

I am with BT for 3 months yet UTV can close my line.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on here and how I might get my BB back today if possible.

BTW my ADSL is still synced to the exchange allbeit at 1Mb instead of 3.:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

1) Talk to UTV and find out why they issued the cancellation order - perhaps you owe them money?
    2) Check that the paperwork to transfer your service from UTV to BT was handled correctly.
    3) Ask BT what needs to happen to get the line re-instated.
    4) Kepp a record of all names, contact times, and items discussed and if necessary put your issues in writing to UTV and BT.
    5) If you still can't get an answer and you are really desperate you could try calling Comreg - but only if you are really desperate.

HTH

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Thanks.

UTV put is a cessation order because I moved to BT, last March. I don't owe them money. My account was closed in March.

Just off the phone again from BT. They say they have to resubmit my order. Weird or what. I suggested that as they were paying Eircom wholesale for the line that they should get on the phone to Eircom and tear strips off them for disconnecting one of their customers for whom BT were paying Eircom for the line. (Bad grammar I know but I'm buckin').

The fact that they have to re apply for the line begs the question: have they been paying eircom the wholesale money for my line or not? If so then do as I suggest and get it back on immediately. If they haven't then that's a very serious matter and means that they have been pocketing my money in total themselves.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Did you return your UTV modem?(Just a thought!:)

Seriously though it might be worth seeking an explanation/confirmation from UTV as to why they are still invovled in this matter at all.

I wish you luck in resolving the billing side of this:eek:

Yep, the modem was sent back. Why would UTV send a cessation order if I hadn't? Just wondering about the logic. :)

UPDATE: Just off the phone from UTV. It looks very like UTV only put the cessation order in last week for some reason. It also seems that I have been feeding off the UTV dsl line all along. In other words UTV have been paying Eircom until last Monday (that's their problem though). BT appear to not have put in a request for the transfer and now have to apply to eircom for the line. This is great craic,:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Valentia wrote:
    Yep, the modem was sent back. Why would UTV send a cessation order if I hadn't? Just wondering about the logic. :)
    UTV T&C wrote:
    16.4 Upon termination for any reason, you will be responsible for returning the Creative modem and microfilters back to UTV Internet at the following address: UTV Internet, Unit 5, Portmarnock Shopping Mall, Strand Road, Portmarnock, Co Dublin 4 at your expense. A Voyager Modem shall be returned to TNS Distribution Ltd., Unit 5 Keypoint Business Park, Rosemount, Ballycoolin Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 11, Ireland at your expense. Failure to return the modem and microfilters within 14 days of the effective date of termination shall result in UTV Internet debiting €40.00 from your Bank Account/Credit Card for the equipment and you hereby expressly consent to such debit. The line will not be ceased until the modem is returned to the appropriate destination. Upon receipt of your modem, UTV Internet will cease your service with our supplier.
    That's the new T&C's though. It's not mentioned in the older ones that you would have signed up to.

• Advertisement

The whole thing is gone beyond a farce, BT now say that they have to reapply for me and they have a date from Eircom for connection on 30th June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jazus H. And there isn't a damn thing I can do. They offered me free use of "NoLomits" till then but I dont have a shaggin modem. 4 hours ago they said they would ring back in a few minutes with a username and password. Guess what?

Anyway, it's past 5 and I'm off home to the web desert. I wont see any posts here until Monday :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

BT have been my only ISP since I got BB a few years back.

I've never dealt with anyone else so I don't understand where they get these cessation orders from - if that's what happened to my account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

this is a bit mad Valentia......i'm in the exact same situation......moved from UTV to BT on March 3rd....lost me BB on sunday nite/monday....tech support told me they told me i'll have to reapply, cause they f*ucked up the transfer of the line rental.......have to ring "sales" back again tomorrow cause their database was down this evenin.. :rolleyes:
    Valentia wrote:
    date from Eircom for connection on 30th June!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i won't be ahappy camper if i'm told the same sh*te.,.:mad:

Advertisement