Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech D: P2B Building Applications

Options
  • 15-06-2006 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

How ye fixed? I'm not lookin forward to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Neither am i, paper 2 is boring as ****. At least the paper 1 is someway interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

Paper 1 is my better paper and I fcuked that up dont know how I did.

Skew Bore Holes Q5(i think) is my best question. Q1 is good but can take up a lot of time. As for Q2 Roof & Q3 Shadow im fcuked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Would any of you be able to explain the method of getting the hip rafter of a roof when given the angle between them???? Its an old version of the dihedral method

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

What the hells the hip rafter?

Its the line that separates two roof surfaces kinda

• Advertisement

dihedral.gif
    That way?

Incidentally, MS Paint is a pain in the ass for TD

Doesnt look like the way we did it in school (not that i can remember). Can u explain that drawing?

Sure. the square is an incredibly simple roof. You look along it and get the edge view of the line of intersection. Now, when you get the line of intersection as a point view, you see the dihedral angle. Like you do it normally.

Using that method though, you go off perpindicular from a point(the centre of the circle), take a section at that line, and rebatt it around. That way you get the true angle for the dihedral by projecting back to the elevation.

Raphael wrote:
    Sure. the square is an incredibly simple roof. You look along it and get the edge view of the line of intersection. Now, when you get the line of intersection as a point view, you see the dihedral angle. Like you do it normally.

Using that method though, you go off perpindicular from a point(the centre of the circle), take a section at that line, and rebatt it around. That way you get the true angle for the dihedral by projecting back to the elevation.

Thanks for that but I'm still struggling to understand it. Its just me lookin for an A. i shud no this stuff

whassupp2 wrote:
    This is from 2005 paper. I cant figure out how its done. Anyone???
    They're finding the dihedral angle the way i just did it there.

• Advertisement

It is the same way as Raphael has showen it is just in the drawing.

untitled5ll.gif

Its the way I do it

Ooooh, very nicely done

OP: You don;t need to use that way to get dihedral angles, I never do. YOu only need it if you;re given the dihedral angle, but you don;t have enough information to use the other method. Like in the 2003 roofs question, you had to use that method to get the height.

Now I no. Thanx for your help. So the way I would normally do it is take points 1,2,3,4 and follow the same way as todays planes questions.

Yup, that'll work fine in most situations

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

eamoss wrote:
    It is the same way as Raphael has showen it is just in the drawing.

untitled5ll.gif

Its the way I do it

I have absolutely no idea whats going on there. Is that the same swinging the triangle up & drawing a tangent thing as was posted previously?

Yup, only the auxiliary elevation is superimposed. Eamoss highlighted it in red.

Tech D in 3 hours for 3 hours. mmmmmmmmm i cant wait.

If you are given the dihedral angle between two roof surfaces to find a hip rafter or the end of a roof/rafter?

Like for example in 2005 I know you come off perpendicular but that only gives me two lines how do u find the 3rd line?

Also how wud u know when 2 use loci like in 2001?

An hour and a half till TD paper 2.

I should really go put pants on.

Advertisement