Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what did you think of relegion?

• 15-06-2006 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

just got home from the religion exam! theres still about 10 minutes left!! it was such an effort to do it! i just waffled through it ! :rolleyes: i wrote about gandhi for the last section what did everyone else do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

didnt get fully finished, found it a lot more difficult in comparison to other subjects, but i should get a comfortable B

didnt get fully finished, found it a lot more difficult in comparison to other subjects, but i should get a comfortable B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I found it long, drawn out and I thought most of the questions made no sense whatsoever.
    I did the question on Secince versus Religion for the last part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I did my essay on Taize.

I said "Taize was a religious community set up in 1949 by Br Roger. At this time they took in many injured world war 2 fighters and viking warriors".

Lmao, I'm gonna get an NG :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Jello wrote:
    I found it long, drawn out and I thought most of the questions made no sense whatsoever.

I would have to agree with you there mate. That was the worst exam of them all. It was very long and little or none of the questions made any sense. It was a disgrace. Also I was hopeing on the last section that a question on pilgrimmages would come up, in this case I would have wrote about The Hajj, but it came up other years. That test was crap. What a way to finish:rolleyes: .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Gah.
    That was not fun. Usually religion is a grand subject really. But that, that was just craptastic. Far too much writing for the length of time and as for the last question, gah... Wasn't what i expected at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

I left at 3.... i only did 3 outta the 4 questions that we choose and i didnt bother with the last question!!!! Im very easily bored! And i think religion is a waste of time.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

I left at 3.... i only did 3 outta the 4 questions that we choose and i didnt bother with the last question!!!! Im very easily bored! And i think religion is a waste of time.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Jeebus wrote:
    I did my essay on Taize.

I said "Taize was a religious community set up in 1949 by Br Roger. At this time they took in many injured world war 2 fighters and viking warriors".

Lmao, I'm gonna get an NG :D

not really that funny... but if you'd like an NG, nice job.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

glad my school hasn't introdced religion for JC :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

I left after 40 minutes. The pass paper was harder than I had originally thought. For one answer without even noticing I put down " This is a very religious question which comes across in a religous manner which portrays the religiosness of the religous people who follow that religion." :)

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

It's usually quite easy looking at the papers but my Christ (no pun intended) it was hard....please tell me that on the Q with the map the bottom sea was the dead sea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Yep, the dead sea

luckily enough there was a map of palestine at the time of Jesus, at the back of our classroom for that question...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I never had one Religion class all year! We just read magazines, were told about Circumcision and the Jews, Did our Homework, Text the love of our lives and chatted oh and one fight broke out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Jakkass wrote:
    not really that funny... but if you'd like an NG, nice job.....

Jakkass by name...

macroman wrote:
    I never had one Religion class all year! We just read magazines, were told about Circumcision and the Jews, Did our Homework, Text the love of our lives and chatted oh and one fight broke out.

that was the same for us, cept it was BS and History, and it was 3 years and we drove the teachers involved to retirement...so they're actually completely different, but the principle's are the same!...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

I did the Science one too....found it easy overall, but it took me nearly the full two hours to finish :mad: I thought id be out of there in a half hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ick, I didn't like that paper. There was far too much writing, I only got a short paragraph on Martin Luther King for the last question before I ran out of time. Also I had hayfever so I was paractically crying onto my exam paper and my face was all itchy. I bite my nails too so my thumb started bleeding and I bled on the paper....I wanted to draw an arrow pointing to it and say "Blood of Christ!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I wrote my essay on the sceince religion thing...just bulled on about Darwins theory of evolution and fundamentalism, it got me through..ow my hand STILL hurts!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement