Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese maple

Options
  • 15-06-2006 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Anyone know where to get a Japanese maple tree? I live in Beaumont northside of Dublin. Don't know what they're like but it's for a wedding present for a mate and a few people say they're quite nice........cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Garden centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Yea kind of figured that...was looking for something a bit more more specific. Tried a couple of garden centres on the northside and tried the new Homebase near Ballymun but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I got mine in Johnstown Garden Centre about 5yrs ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

You'll get them in Newlands Garden Centre I'd say. Just near Belgard Rd/Naas rd junction.

Pricey plant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Spfeno1

Have been in quite a few garden centres over the years but visited Rollestown G.C. yeterday and thought it was great - they have a wide variety of all stuff, especially Japanese Maples (Acers) - as advised earlier its a pricey plant but worth it.

Rollestown is on the back road between Ashbourne and Swords

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Marks and Spencers, Liffey St, €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

We have one in our garden. Really nice tree. Thinkw e got ours in the old Texas Homecare in Churchtown. Dont know what its called now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

aka_Ciaran wrote:
    Anyone know where to get a Japanese maple tree? I live in Beaumont northside of Dublin. Don't know what they're like but it's for a wedding present for a mate and a few people say they're quite nice........cheers

A very popular species and should be readilyt available in any good garden centre. Jap Mpales are available in a range of sizes and colours ranging form dwarf to large (Ht 9' Spread 15') green, red, purple etc. Acer Palmatum Atropurpureum is the latin name for the vivid purple red variety. Beautiful trees, require some TLC and should be grown in a sheltered position with room for head to develop. Slow growers but worth it in the end.

Great value at : Scalp Nurseries (opposite Sports Hotel, Enniskerry Road). On the northside: Newlands Garden Centre (Clondalkin), Garden Works (Clonee) and there is a large GC on the RHS at Lusk Cross, but unfortunately I cannot remember the name, but it is right on the main road at turn off for Donabate/Lusk.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

or Lidl next week specials, not on website but on the flyer

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

Great stuff thanks for all the suggestions...much appreciated.

Ciaran.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I got mine in the Orchard Garden Centre, Celbridge

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Lemo

www.trees.ie - they'll even deliver it for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

B&Q had them last summer as I got mine there.

Advertisement