Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What do you think?

• 15-06-2006 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

Im going to water aerobics and the instrucure said that we have to wear clothes in the water,

Ive been told to wear bagyish clothes so I was thinking of this.

The t-shirt worn over the hoody and the tracksuit bottoms.

The idea of wearing the clothes is that you get a better workout because it ccreates resistance in the water.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

Yeah the outfit is fine, but let me get this straight you plan on wearing it in a swimming pool?

Thats a bit mad isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

mcoolmcool wrote:
    Yeah the outfit is fine, but let me get this straight you plan on wearing it in a swimming pool?

Thats a bit mad isn't it.

Makes sense, increased resistence against the water thus making the work out more effective, like adding more weight when lifting a dumbell

you're actually gonna go out and buy new clothes to wear in the pool though? have you not got anything old you can wear, i dont think people will mind, you're only in a swimming pool like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Dudett

Makes sense, increased resistence against the water thus making the work out more effective, like adding more weight when lifting a dumbell

you're actually gonna go out and buy new clothes to wear in the pool though? have you not got anything old you can wear, i dont think people will mind, you're only in a swimming pool like

Oh no im not gonna buy new clothes, I already have these types of clothes just no pics.

Im looking forward to doing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Dudett wrote:
    Oh no im not gonna buy new clothes, I already have these types of clothes just no pics.

Im looking forward to doing it!

thats alright then! enjoy your aqua aerobics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pixietrixie

Dudett wrote:
    Im going to water aerobics and the instrucure said that we have to wear clothes in the water,

Ive been told to wear bagyish clothes so I was thinking of this.

The t-shirt worn over the hoody and the tracksuit bottoms.

The idea of wearing the clothes is that you get a better workout because it ccreates resistance in the water.

Thats a nice outfit for a workout!!

You actually wear it in a swimming pool?

What does it feel like?

Thats something I want to try!!

• Advertisement

One more question, Im intrigued by this.. Is it hard to swim in all thise clothes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Where do you do this?

Thats a nice outfit for a workout!!

You actually wear it in a swimming pool?

What does it feel like?

Thats something I want to try!!

Thank you!!

Yeah Ill actually wear it in the swimming pool!!

Ive already done a class and just wore a t-shirt and tracksuit bottoms, it feels alright. it felt a bit weird at first. its not hard to swim at all.. you feel great after it. you get a great work out.

you should defo try it!!

Oobie wrote:
    Where do you do this?

I do it at my local leisure centre

Why you ask?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

If you're concerned with how you look when excercising under water, what are you like when you are going out at the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

They'll have the desired effect alright. But wear old clothes the chlorine in the water may well have a bleaching effect on the clothes.

gillo wrote:
    They'll have the desired effect alright. But wear old clothes the chlorine in the water may well have a bleaching effect on the clothes.

Yeah it works alright, Yeah I use old clothes. the chlorine doesnt seem to wreck them anyway!!

How did the water exercise go!!

It must be alot of fun!!

Is it real heavy when you get out of the pool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭mazroo

Hmmmmm a little dangerous if the class is packed i think... Why dont they just use hand mits for resistance???? Or woggles??? I dunno... On a safety side someone drowning can be quite difficult to pull out with wet clothes..

How did the water exercise go!!

It must be alot of fun!!

Is it real heavy when you get out of the pool?

Yeah it went great, very tiring!!

It is a lot of fun!!!

Yeah when I get out of the pool it is very heavy at first nut you get used to it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Dudett wrote:
    I do it at my local leisure centre

Why you ask?

Think I'd be interested in this myself but never saw classes advertised anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I aggree

Oobie wrote:
    Think I'd be interested in this myself but never saw classes advertised anywhere.

You should look into it, its sooo worth it.

Its great exercise & Fun!

Advertisement