Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fake tan

• 15-06-2006 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Do straight males use fake tan ... Gavin Henson did i think ... or is it only a female/ teenage / gay thing ...
    The supermarkets are heavily promoting all the latest fake tan products ... i know in this great weather you shouldn't need it but ... do women like that orangy/golden streaky look ... do guys like woman with the fake tan look ...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭eiretamicha

thebaz wrote:
    Do straight males use fake tan ... Gavin Henson did i think ... or is it only a female/ teenage / gay thing ...
    The supermarkets are heavily promoting all the latest fake tan products ... i know in this great weather you shouldn't need it but ... do women like that orangy/golden streaky look ... do guys like woman with the fake tan look ...
    Fake tan, or sunless tanner as it's called here in the States, is absolutley disgusting IMHO. Not only does it truly look fake (no matter how expensive the brand is), but it's got a million and one bad for you and bad for the environment chemicals in it. Only natural stuff on my skin, thanks. ;)

But I suppose I'm in the minority because I like pale skin. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

oompah, loompah, oompah de doo.
    I've a shade of bright orange just for you.

I think its fecking horrible on women, 'specially when its all streaky. Seen a girl at Oxygen last year, thought she was the bees knees. Walking around like Gods gift with her glittery cowboy hat. I hadnt the heart to tell her the backs of her knees and elbows looked like gone off streaky bacon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

But I suppose I'm in the minority because I like pale skin. :p

Pale for the win! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Some guys do use it. But let's be honest, you're clearly a tosser if you care that much about it to use fake tan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

seamus wrote:
    Some guys do use it. But let's be honest, you're clearly a tosser if you care that much about it to use fake tan.
    Exactly, we should be happy that some lads are using it! Now we can identify them as tossers without them having to confirm it by talking ('roish, 3 'kens and a G&T for moi, garcon my good man'). To those who say, 'thats judging a book by its cover, so its wrong wrong wrong', I say to you find a Mills & Boone book. See the Fabio lookalike on the cover? Loads of books can be judged by their covers! So screw you, you damn hippy bastard.

• Advertisement

ionapaul wrote:
    Exactly, we should be happy that some lads are using it! Now we can identify them as tossers without them having to confirm it by talking ('roish, 3 'kens and a G&T for moi, garcon my good man'). To those who say, 'thats judging a book by its cover, so its wrong wrong wrong', I say to you find a Mills & Boone book. See the Fabio lookalike on the cover? Loads of books can be judged by their covers! So screw you, you damn hippy bastard.
    Most hippies detest fake tan. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Most hippies detest fake tan. :p
    Only an evil hippy would say such a thing. Like one of those hippys that sank the Exxon Valdez and later burnt a hole in the ozone layer. You know the one's I'm talking about, the seal-clubbing, jungle-clearing, cotton-picking, hound-kicking, fake tan-wearing, SUV-driving, latte-drinking type of hippies*!

*but at least they smell alright, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Not only does it truly look fake (no matter how expensive the brand is), but it's got a million and one bad for you and bad for the environment chemicals in it. Only natural stuff on my skin, thanks. ;)

Mmmm, I do enjoy the wholesome goodness of natural skin cancer

ionapaul wrote:
    Only an evil hippy would say such a thing. Like one of those hippys that sank the Exxon Valdez and later burnt a hole in the ozone layer. You know the one's I'm talking about, the seal-clubbing, jungle-clearing, cotton-picking, hound-kicking, fake tan-wearing, SUV-driving, latte-drinking type of hippies*!
    *sobs!!!*

Well I'm a seal-loving, rainforest-supporting, herb-growing, animal-rescuing, natural soap-using, hiking and walking, water and tea-drinking hippy.

And I smell mighty fine. ;)

My grandmother is wandering around looking fairly orange...

I stay far away from fake tan, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ugh fake tan, do you really want to end up with the risk of looking like Ross from Friends!:eek: 1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

To me the ugliset thing is seeing someone from Ireland with a natural really dark tan especially when its at the sunburnt red turning into a tan.To me a real tan just looks ugly cos youve burnt your skin to get it I wouldnt touch someone who would abuse their body in such a way,just like I couldnt go out with a 50 a day smoker.

Fake tan ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Fake tan is rank rank rank I tells ya! I'm pale and proud!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Pale ftw people, I hate fake tan with a passion.
    Idiots use it imo, yeah I'm talking about you, maybe you should shorten the miniskirt a bit more, if possoble, and get bigger hoops for your ears, that is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

The smell when somebody has just applied it me bothers me the most.

grimloch wrote:
    The smell when somebody has just applied it me bothers me the most.
    Yep, that crap stinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bamboozled

Dont bother with fake tan or the real tan.
    Use the moisturiser with a hint of tan. At least you're moisturing your skin and thats a plus when it comes to guys skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Pale for the win! :D

Karl Hungus' opinions ftw!!

Also a pale skin fan. And DETEST fake tan. You can see it coming a mile away! And someone stole my oompah loompah analagy... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Pale ftw people, I hate fake tan with a passion.
    Idiots use it imo, yeah I'm talking about you, maybe you should shorten the miniskirt a bit more, if possoble, and get bigger hoops for your ears, that is all.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

If it looks woeful on the Girls i dread to see what the fellas look like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i've got milky white skin and i'm happy with it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

julep wrote:
    i've got milky white skin and i'm happy with it.

your from ireland its expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Diarmiud

It's useful sometimes though. For instance if you are in a dark room and are reading the newspaper...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Bamboozled wrote:
    Use the moisturiser with a hint of tan. QUOTE]

Eh; that is fake tan?? I love fake tan, properly applied that right quality fake tan does wonders. Nothing worse that mini skirts and white fabby legs on parade in the summer.

Yes i know its fake tan, but it doesnt look as bad and certainly doesnt smell as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Bamboozled wrote:
    Use the moisturiser with a hint of tan. At least you're moisturing your skin and thats a plus when it comes to guys skin.

I think that is what is currently being promoted in the supermarkets , moisturiser with a hint of tan , from a female perspective do you find it attractive on men ?

If they dont over do it i dont see anything wrong with it.
    No need to layer it on and on. They'd be better off with fake tan then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Diarmiud wrote:
    It's useful sometimes though. For instance if you are in a dark room and are reading the newspaper...

Rofl. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

*properly* applied fake tan is okay.. the oompa loompa streaky women should not be allowed near a bottle of fake tan ever ever ever again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

Im a straight male and use sunbeds. The reason i use them is because i simply look better tanned its simple as that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

Fake tan doesn't bother me much, I like pale skin just as much as well applied fake tan. Dunno about the idea of men getting fake tans though??? I've seen a good few lads use the tanning machine in the gym, Id rather use that then the fake tan

Advertisement