Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Purchase - Advice

Options
  • 15-06-2006 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I am thinking of purchasing a house. However, I am not sure of the neighbourhood I might be moving into and consequently the quality of life and the resale value of the house. While I am pretty confident that I will bring a certain degree of class to the neighbourhood, ie, being a professional, the neighbours I am not so sure of. They seem to take less pride in the exterior appearance of their house.

Also, as it will be an end of terrace house, it seems to attract binge drinking of cider and the like and village idiots, etc on weekend nights, showing off to each other and trying to prove in a number of ways who can last the distance, whose the man, etc... I'd be fairly certain there is a degree of post drinking urinating going on as well up against the outside garden wall or in that vicinity. As the back garden isnt too large, I'm just wondering would this place by very unhygenic to live in? Would it be a suitable place to bring up a family? I'm not too sure it would.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

I would have thought that since you have so much 'class' you'd prefer somewhere posher;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

gbh wrote:
    ....whose the man, etc...

You won't be able to benefit the locals with your spelling skills!:p

Have you heard people say: 'Location, location, location.' You are better off
    with a smaller house in a good area than a larger one in a bad area.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Chocolate

gbh wrote:
    I am thinking of purchasing a house. However, I am not sure of the neighbourhood I might be moving into and consequently the quality of life and the resale value of the house. While I am pretty confident that I will bring a certain degree of class to the neighbourhood, ie, being a professional, the neighbours I am not so sure of. They seem to take less pride in the exterior appearance of their house.

Also, as it will be an end of terrace house, it seems to attract binge drinking of cider and the like and village idiots, etc on weekend nights, showing off to each other and trying to prove in a number of ways who can last the distance, whose the man, etc... I'd be fairly certain there is a degree of post drinking urinating going on as well up against the outside garden wall or in that vicinity. As the back garden isnt too large, I'm just wondering would this place by very unhygenic to live in? Would it be a suitable place to bring up a family? I'm not too sure it would.

Sounds to me like you've already answered your own question. Steer clear!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Why dont you knock into one of the neighbours and ask about area,the Garda used to tell you when you rang them but they as a policy now wont say anything,well you might get lucky with the right Garda on duty.

So ask a neighbuur,do a drive by at weekend late in the evening and then maybe later that night after pubs have shut.

Advertisement