Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German Tomorrow! :O

• 15-06-2006 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭

How do ya'll think ye'll all get on?

I'd love and A.

I got a B in the mocks but I doubt I'll get an A. Hope we get asked about the world cup.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

good luck, German is a tough subject and the marks are made in the letter (difference between an A and a B really). It's fairly likely there will be summat on the World Cup ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

The papers were made last September though when there was no hype about the World Cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

I got a D in the mocks. I think it's really hard :( and it sucks because I can't do letters or short notices - I just cant! I tried practicing them today but all I can get is the opening paragraph and then i havent a clue. :( It's a much harder exam then French. It's not fair....and I'm actually good at german, but the exam questions are stupid. I have the worst teacher ever...

The papers were made last September though when there was no hype about the World Cup.
    they still knew it was going to take place in Germany. I'm sure there was some article about it that they could use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Maybe so, I dropped down to Ordinary level german today so it'll be piss easy.

Killaqueen: I know what you mean and that's pretty much the reason why I dropped down to pass level. I can make a good enouh stab at it but after a paragraph I just blank out and can't think of any verbs or anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

im only studying for the letter
    thats the only bit i find really hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wellity Wellity Wellity the World Cup came up and I was kicking myself for not thinking of it. The note at the end was a bit cruel, I'd only learned notes saying someone was sick/there was an accident/I've gone out and postcards, never one about selling something, and I couldn't remember the verb "to sell" >.<

for once i actually understood every question in the letter
    i filled the whole 2 pages and squezzed in loads at the bottom
    fair pleased

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

Piste wrote:
    Wellity Wellity Wellity the World Cup came up and I was kicking myself for not thinking of it. The note at the end was a bit cruel, I'd only learned notes saying someone was sick/there was an accident/I've gone out and postcards, never one about selling something, and I couldn't remember the verb "to sell" >.<

Me neither. I used Kaufen (to buy)

"Wollst du ein Guitar kaufen?"

Verkaufsman is a salesman I think so if you put in verkaufen or summat you would had got something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ahh verkaufen, I knew it was Kaufen with somethnig before hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kwiva-g

oRlyYaRly wrote:
    "Wollst du ein Guitar kaufen?"
    Willst du eine Gitarre kaufen!!!
    OOOOOOPPs!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭oRlyYaRly

kwiva-g wrote:
    Willst du eine Gitarre kaufen!!!
    OOOOOOPPs!!;)

Maybe the examiner won't notice! :D

only at the last second did i remember cologne was Koln i forget what sale was and just went with just wrote it in english (pointless i know but other than i wrote good stuff)

as for the letter i wrote loads on everything except about the world cup what i wrote was preety poor
    men lieblings spieler ist michael ballack, deutschland its sehr gut england its schlect, men lieblings speilen its fussball

what crap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

I thought the paper was very easy except for the Short Note at the end, I like most other people didn't know the verb 'to sell', I just said 'salen', I had no idea so it was a complete guess and it was wrong. But other than the Short Note I thought I did quite well.

Advertisement