Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Course

Options
  • 15-06-2006 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭

I really want to do a degree or dimploma even in music performance. I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could do this without having done grades and all that crap. I'm a singer and would like to do a course in contemporary music performance,nothing classical.

I've looked around and have only been able to find a course like this in London but I'd prefer to do it in Ireland. I've done two years of classical training but it's not really my cup of tea. Does anyone know of any courses in Ireland that might suit me?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

Their is a course in Colaiste Stifain Naofa in Cork called Music Managment :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

Savage! That's just what I'm looking for! Thanks a million!
    You've just saved me about 5 grand and a long trip to college!

Only thing is,I hope that singing will be enough. For some reason I get the impression that they want you to be able to play an instrument....

I shall call them. Cheers again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think you'll be on to a good one with that course, LadyJ. I went to that college to do another course but noticed there seemed to be plenty of singers on the music one. I know a girl who went on to study at Thames Valley University in London after it. She got some exemptions so she didn't have to complete the entire course in London. She loved it and it worked out well for her. Best of luck.

Advertisement