Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple page hit script

Options
  • 15-06-2006 6:47pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys can someone help me with a practical joke? Someone I know is obsessed with their bebo and how many thousands of hits they have. I couldn't care less, but if I suddenly got loads of hits and overtook them it would really piss them off, and it would be very funny for me and my mates... Yes i know its really stupid and childish but can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say you cant... I imagine unless bebo were open source you wouldn't be able to, because bebo's database keeps track of page hits...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well, you could have a script which just loads your page over and over and over. Once every ten seconds say. Pointless though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

seamus wrote:
    Well, you could have a script which just loads your page over and over and over. Once every ten seconds say. Pointless though.
    I doubt that would work either. Any decent hit counter would take the session into account so it would still only register as one hit.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ahh, ok I kind of had an idea that might be the case.. ok thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭PhantomBeaker

Look into Perl and the LWP modules. They might help you out a bit.

Probably won't work though... while they'll most likely count as seperate sessions, you'll be coming from the same IP each time.

There again, hits from behind something like a proxy would still count as seperate hits so I dunno...

• Advertisement
Advertisement