Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Issue

• 15-06-2006 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I just got a Wireless Netopia router for free a couple of months ago. I dont have a WO network card or wireless option on my PC. I noticed the Wireless light is on and flashing all the now and again, which makes me think some is probably picking up my connection and that will slow down my connection if im downloading or that. I dont know anything about a wireless connection, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to secure my router or if i can disable the wireless connection just in case someone is picking up my connection:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Roy16 wrote:
    I just got a Wireless Netopia router for free a couple of months ago. I dont have a WO network card or wireless option on my PC. I noticed the Wireless light is on and flashing all the now and again, which makes me think some is probably picking up my connection and that will slow down my connection if im downloading or that. I dont know anything about a wireless connection, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to secure my router or if i can disable the wireless connection just in case someone is picking up my connection:confused:
    Enter Expert Mode.
    Click on Configure.
    Click on LAN.
    Click on Wireless in the Other LAN Options box.
    Uncheck the Enable Wireless checkbox.
    Click on the little Alert icon in the top right.
    Click on Save and Restart.
    http://www.netopia.com/support/hardware/technotes/NQG_110.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

A simple option is turn off wireless interface (id do this and is my kinda security)

or secure it with a wpa-psk and a sentance as a password with funny characters(!@#%$&amp;*<>?/())

Wireless will flash when beaconing at a fixed interval. if its flashing very quickly odds are someones connected nettopia brick does have logs.

cool post race conditions lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Roy16

Thats great thanks lads. The Wireless connection was enabled so i just disabled it. I think its better to be safe then sorry. I know a few people who are using there neighbours connection, cause they have Wireless Enabled and it's free which annoys me, but there own fault the end of the day, thanks again:)

Advertisement