Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this ok??

• 15-06-2006 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭

Placed an order with BT 2 weeks ago tomorrow for broadband and line rental, Tue last I noticed on my modem that the dsl connection had been enabled on the line. I rang BT to get my username/password (cant remember uname/pass i gave for order), and they say we dont have target date for order yet, ring back next week.

On the forum I found thread that stated username : eircom@btbb and password : broadband1 would work.

Went home tried this and it works.........Is this ok to use or could I get into a spot of bother with them for doing this.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

not usually they give you out a username and password. its usually @iolbb as well... give them a call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Both "@btbb" & "@iolbb" work depending on the exchange.
    OP, I'd say you're fine to use it. I've set up a few in the same situation as yourself and there have been no complaints from BT. You can still ring back next week for your proper user/pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Although user eircom might be wondering why he's above his cap every month! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭kco3d

Perhaps, but I would have thought they would tie your phone number into it somehow??

Advertisement