Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argentina vs Serbia and Montenegro

• 15-06-2006 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭

Might as well start this now as i think most people are in favour of a thread for each game.

This one kicks off at 2pm and looks like it should be a good match.It will be interesting to see who plays up front given that both strikers scored last time,but both Tevez and Messi were left out.

Argies to win by 2 goals.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

yeah Argentina to win, Serbia lack pace at the back and are a bit biteless going forward. I think they're the weakest team in the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

messi is to be on the bench again. he'd wanna be injured or else the manager has some answerin to do. tevez needs to play as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

evad_lhorg wrote:
    messi is to be on the bench again. he'd wanna be injured or else the manager has some answerin to do. tevez needs to play as well!
    Well he hasnt played since the match in the CL against Chelsea so he is lacking match fitness.If, as expected, Argentina get the points tomorrow,i think he will start against Holland as the result wont matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well the result could matter because they may have tough opponents to play if they lose to holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Serbia players blamed the manager for their poor first half performance. The manager made a change before half time so must have realised he got it wrong. I wouldn't write them off but Argentina will probably be too strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

evad_lhorg wrote:
    well the result could matter because they may have tough opponents to play if they lose to holland.
    Good point,but there obviously wont be a threat to their making it into the next round.

I definately think the manager would use the match as an opportunity to give Messi and maybe Tevez a run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd say Peckerman will stick with the same strike force. They were very clinical against the Ivory Coast I thought.

I think Argentina will win 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Lemlin wrote:
    I'd say Peckerman will stick with the same strike force. They were very clinical against the Ivory Coast I thought.
    Indeed he has. Looking forward to this one because I missed Argentina's first game and I heard they were pretty impressive. S & M weren't bad against Holland, but I can't look past an Argie win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i'm hoping for 3 goals from kezman and a nice long range free kick hitting the back of the net from stankovic, then i intend to wake up and go for a walk

Indeed he has. Looking forward to this one because I missed Argentina's first game and I heard they were pretty impressive. S & M weren't bad against Holland, but I can't look past an Argie win.

Argetina had two half decent chances in the first half and both finished up in the net. They also had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

They were very clinical although the Ivory Coast tested their defence in the second half.

Edit: That's what I meant about clinical, 5 minutes in and they're one up from first chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

1-0 here

Maxi Rodriguez

Very well worked goal. I think they'll get another at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

What a ****ing goal, unreal!

2-0. Fantastic team goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

PHB wrote:
    What a ****ing goal, unreal!
    QFT:eek: :)

Argentina look very very impressive, terrific second goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Thats world cup winnig team play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

the two best team goals so far in the tournament.

Should have had a third there as well, ridiculous booking on crespo.

Definite goal of the tournament for me by Cambiasso. Argentina are looking very strong. They've gone down to 11/2 2nd favourites on Betfair.

3-0 Rodriguez again!

They'll be favourites now. I wouldn't mind but Serbia & Montenegro aren't a bad team and they're making them look like amateurs.

• Advertisement

Should be 4-0, that offside on Crespo was harsh, and a booking to boot.

Should be 4-0, that offside on Crespo was harsh, and a booking to boot.
    I'd say if Crespo scored that it'd still be 3-0 now. ;)

Argentina gone down to just over 5/1 now on betfair!

Wow, 5/1!

Serbia are no mugs, but their defense, the famous four, is in tatters. Argentina are playing incredible football, but the real test of Argentina will be the match against Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

god i wish i wasnt in work now.

according to the BBC site they're running a muck. Would love to see that second goal everyones going on about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

they've been awesome

Would love to see that second goal everyones going on about it.
    24 passes led to the goal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

might soon be time to LAY on betfair ,i got them at 9's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

24 passes involving 9 Argentinian players ending up with the ball rippling the net in spectacular fashion. Unbelievable. Not sure who the one outfield player not to touch the ball in that move was but I'd feel quite left out if I were him.

god i wish i wasnt in work now.

according to the BBC site they're running a muck. Would love to see that second goal everyones going on about it.
    http://abdvideos.free.fr/nuke782fr/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=35&mode=&order=0&thold=0
    kinaldo wrote:
    Not sure who the one outfield player not to touch the ball in that move was but I'd feel quite left out if I were him.
    Burdisso.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

The thaught of England actually beating them would make ya laugh, That second goal was the best so far 24 passes with 9 players involved, brilliant!!!

eirebhoy wrote:
    that video doesnt do the goal any justice,doesnt show all the one-twos/build up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

can anyone think of a better team goal, ever? carlos alberto in the 1970 final maybe but i think cambiasso's was better.

England without Rooney compared to Argentina without Messi.

my mate(an england fan) mails me to say it was a miss hit shot from cambiasso!!
    Some people i tell ya.

might soon be time to LAY on betfair ,i got them at 9's

Bad idea, wait till the quarters at least. Im on at 10.5 the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

PHB wrote:
    but the real test of Argentina will be the match against Holland.
    Do you really think that Holland will be a test for Argentina? Hmmmm.....
    I'd be surprised if the Dutch even manage a result against the Ivory Coast today.

messi and tevez to come into team too!!
    still cant beleive the bookies think europe are overriding favorites to win instead of south america(1.5/1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Tevez on. It's amazing they can play so well without the likes of him and Messi.

Is anyone else watching on BBC? Did the commentator just say that Carlos Tevez was fined for wearing a Man United jersey last season or am I hearing things? I couldn't hear exactly what he said.

Is anyone else watching on BBC? Did the commentator just say that Carlos Tevez was fined for wearing a Man United jersey last season or am I hearing things? I couldn't hear exactly what he said.
    yeah he was and was fined 11k as a result, there was talk of him going there and chelsea
    i liked it when mcCarthy replied "rightly so" to the fine tevez got ! obviously reminiscing over his managerial/saipan days!

• Advertisement

yeah he was and was fined 11k as a result, there was talk of him going there and chelsea
    i liked it when mcCarthy replied "rightly so" to the fine tevez got ! obviously reminiscing over his managerial/saipan days!
    I knew I wasn't hearing things!

Kezmen off, 2-footed tackle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i reckon kezman was trying to get sent off, i dont blame him, they've been crapovic

God The World Cup Is Brilliant So Far!!!! Cant Wait For The Knockouts!

What a pass from riquelme! and now messi!!! god i wish i was argentinian

Messi on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭gracehopper

eireboy = Legend :)

Super play for the second one

5-0. Argentina will surely be favourites now.

What a ****ing incredible game

6-0 Messi. Feckin' hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

6 nil:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement