Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holy Crap!

Options
  • 15-06-2006 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭

Dunno if this has been posted before but it's unbelievable

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Anyone see what materia he had set up for that. Or what items were used?

I'd imagine that those "attribute plus 1" items were used.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I don't know japanese, but it looks like the materia was mime and quadra magic. The item seemed to be just putting wall on Barret...used twice :confused: . I can't work out what that was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Wow thats like 120000 damage in 1:18!!

cloud uses w-item to give barret 2 hero drinks this raises his attributes/casts protect on him.

barret uses his already prepared limit break - either catastrophe (or angermax?)
    which is the countered by a light attack by weapon this triggers a chain of 8 prepared counter materia (the blue/grey ones) paired with mime (the yellow one) as mentioned earlier - pretty impressive stuff considering it would take like 200-300 hours of grind to master level 8 sets of mime and counter materia.

I used the same kind of thing to do it but used clouds omnislash and knights of the round instead and i didnt have 8 sets of mastered counter+mime materia :eek: (just the one set not mastered ;) )

Does the hero drink add Mbarrier or was that an ability that came out of an equipped item?

Fair fecks to him though. I'd call that more imaginative than the aul KOTR and Mime, rinse lather and repeat method that usually gets used.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Woah, totally pwned him. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i didnt know you could mime a counter, or a limit break for that matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

Yeah i just used da old mime+knights of the round. beats both da weapons easily. course i'd love to see someone fight them properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

grimloch wrote:
    Does the hero drink add Mbarrier or was that an ability that came out of an equipped item?

Fair fecks to him though. I'd call that more imaginative than the aul KOTR and Mime, rinse lather and repeat method that usually gets used.

The Hero drink upps the character stats to really nice levels, now multiplyx2 and you get amazing stats...

As for grinding out 8 sets of counter attack&mime materia, it wouldn't take 200-300 hours, cloud has a sword that triples the AP and could use a double AP armour piece to make it quite fast indeed. Now if only that would work on ruby instead of having to suffer killing it the normal way :(

As for grinding out 8 sets of counter attack&mime materia, it wouldn't take 200-300 hours, cloud has a sword that triples the AP and could use a double AP armour piece to make it quite fast indeed. Now if only that would work on ruby instead of having to suffer killing it the normal way :(

Is the normal way just a W-Summoning of Hades and KOTR?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Narcissus

This is an english version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWd38aVtlyI

The menu clock only shows 35 hours playing time. Cheating surely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

It has to be. There's no way anybody could do that much levelling-up, bith of characters and materia in just thirty-five hours. It's still pretty cool though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

The way i did it was go in with one character, who has Knights of the Round Table paired with HP Absorb, then Mime paired with the blue Counter. Then you go into the fight, case Knights, and walk away from your console, get a drink and come back to the victory screen :D

Advertisement