Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico (€29.99 a month for BB plus free line rental)

Options
  • 15-06-2006 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Got a leaflet in the door today about Perlico Broadband and from what i'm looking at it seems pretty reasonable. www.perlico.ie

The top Broadband package is 'Broadband Plus' upto 2mb DL speed.
    For signing upto Perlico there's
    • no contract
    • no new number

This also includes ur line rental.

Now to me this seems a bit to good to be true. With eircom, line rental is what €20something a month plus if u have broadband its another 30 on top of that is it? I don't know really, i don't pay the bills!

Anyway does this look like a good deal? Is anybody actually with Perlico?

Any info would be great, thanks
    Bubba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nothing on the website says that the 29.99 includes line rental and I really doubt that it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭YeAh!

Well I've seen the Perlico advertisement too and from what I remmember they seem to say they do pay for the line rental

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

I'm reading the leaflet now and it clearly states 29.99 a month PLUS FREE LINE RENTAL. So i dunno...seems a bit good to be true dosn't it?. i've read through it a few times to make sure i havn't missed anything or any hidden charges and there isn't. Except the dirty connection fee of 'ONLY €49.99'

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

perlico

anytime calls package PLUS "free" line rental 29.99

2mb broadband 29.99

different packages unless ur getting some kind of amazingly god special offer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Perli-crap

Signed up to Perlico in June/July and my bank account is lighter for doing so.

These are tossers of the highest order.

Their records don't match the known facts (I know when I've used Broadband) and they seem to simply invent times/dates/GB download etc to squeeze all that additional cash out of you.

The bill arrives the day before the direct debit, so try resolving before they get their grubby hooves on your money.

Customer care take 30 minutes to answer the phone and then treat you as a nuisance.

Nothing but a bad experience since leaving Eircom.......why did I leave.

I've now applied to BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Have'nt Perlico been banging on for the last year about free line rental for the first 150,000 customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Have'nt Perlico been banging on for the last year about free line rental for the first 150,000 customers.

That was Smart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Their website has 1MB with a 6GB cap, or 2MB with a 12GB cap, with 3c per 'megabit' (?) after that.

Pass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Tis 3c a megabit .

Thats 24c a MEGABYTE or €240 a Gigabyte if you bust their 6Gb cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Tis 3c a megabit .

Well they must surely take the crown for the most expensive "possible" over download charges available!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Tis 3c a megabit .

I'd say thats a typo but you never know with these tossers.:rolleyes:
    It also states:
    up to a maximum charge of €35 or 1166 megabit

If its a typo, theyve made the same one on several pages.

So if you go 145MB over the 6GB cap you get charged an extra €35 on their 'Unlmited Broadband' package.

Their 'Broadband lite' package is 4 cents PER MINUTE if you go over 20 hours.

The mind boggles.
    "Irish telecoms and broadband provider Perlico Communications has advised consumers to be vigilant when signing up for broadband deals. "It's a real Alice in Wonderland out there for the Irish broadband consumer. All is not as it seems," warned Perlico chief executive Iain MacDonald. Advising consumers to pay attention to the small print before signing anything, MacDonald cautioned that "If it sounds too good to be true, chances are it's for a reason."
    http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=9687332

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

juliuspret wrote:
    Well they must surely take the crown for the most expensive "possible" over download charges available!

O2 3G have a cap of 2Gb and charge €960 a Gb if you bust it . 3c a Megabit is perfectly enforceable in law once you do the maths .

8 bits in a byte so 8x 3c = 24c and 24c x 1024 is actually €245.76 a Gb , my bad soz lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Perli-crap

I've been accused of exceeding the 'time limit' on Perlico Broadband Lite (20 hours limit).

I'm an exceptionally lite user and was online perhaps once to twice a week for 1-2 hours each time. But was told by Perlico I was logged on at 3am, 4am, 5am, multiple hours on multiple nights - they're system has the records.

Bill arrived the day before the direct debit so no chance to stop the payment.

The only recourse the ordinary Joe has is boards like this and I told them I'd do this.

"Perlico is a scam" in my opinion and they'll burn a hole in your poscket.

Perli-crap, how do you actually log-on to their service?

Is there a webpage you need to visit before they'll let you connect to the network or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beef4life

Perlico just rent the line from Eircom and pass on extra hidden costs to their customers, pocketing a nice little profit for themselves in the process.

If something seems too good to be true, it usually is!

Your best bet is to stay with Eircom or BT.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Perli-crap wrote:
    I've been accused of exceeding the 'time limit' on Perlico Broadband Lite (20 hours limit).

I'm an exceptionally lite user and was online perhaps once to twice a week for 1-2 hours each time. But was told by Perlico I was logged on at 3am, 4am, 5am, multiple hours on multiple nights - they're system has the records.

Bill arrived the day before the direct debit so no chance to stop the payment.

The only recourse the ordinary Joe has is boards like this and I told them I'd do this.

"Perlico is a scam" in my opinion and they'll burn a hole in your poscket.

I realise this is an old thread and an old post but the direct debit thing never goes away - so just to remind people that under the direct debit scheme you are entitled to 14 days notice before your account is 'hit' by the direct debit. So in a case like this the bank should reverse the direct debit without any question whatsoever. If you have any further queries www.ipso.ie.

Dont let companies abuse the system and your bank account!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eilishmc

why do new peaple get all the deals while us the people who have been with you for years get no rewards only slow b/b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

After 3 years, this has moved on quite a bit. I don't think anyone has anything constructive to add to this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement