Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

transfering from institutes

Options
  • 15-06-2006 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

ok if i get lets say a course in lit and dont get enough points for cork can i transfer to cork in year 2????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It depends. Would you be starting a two year module in LIT? AFAIK you'll only be able to transfer after you graduate to the first level (usually certificate).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I...really doubt it. You might be able to move between ITs between qualifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭bobneedshelpnow

yeah my course is a two year cert in limerick and in cork its 2 year cert with a follow on path to BA and a masters in year 5 well if i dont get it i will just repeat!!!

It really depends on the course you do, and on the college you are attempting to transfer in to. You may be allowed if you have obtained a sufficiently good grade, but it is completely up to the college you wish. Basically, you will only be allowed to transfer into year 2 of a course if you will be able to do that year. If the college decides that you can't, then you will be allowed transfer into that college, but into year 1 instead.

Saying that, if you wish to change course internally, most colleges are quite accommodating. This might have to be requested early on in the year. The Admissions Office of the relevant college you're thinking about transferring in to would give you more information.

[edit] I assumed your query was to do with the actual transfer of course/college, not proceeding on the ladder system, so apologies!

Advertisement