Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing L.C. Art by yourself?

Options
  • 15-06-2006 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Is it possible to do LC Art by yourself? Reason I'm asking is I didn't get into my choses post grad in archaeology (and art is a big part of it). Have the work experience sorted for next years entry but i feel that having LC art would show that i'm determined to get in (3rd time trying!)
    I have a background in history and archaeology. Just wondering about whats required for the portfolio etc. Art history should be ok as did lots of it for my degree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

There is no portfolio...if you're ok on the art history, then all you have to do is do that exam, and a day of both construction (pottery, posters, calligraphy etc.) and life/still life drawing. You could definitely do it by yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Funkstard wrote:
    There is no portfolio...if you're ok on the art history, then all you have to do is do that exam, and a day of both construction (pottery, posters, calligraphy etc.) and life/still life drawing. You could definitely do it by yourself.

definately, art is handy to do alone.

no studying required for over 70% of the course (im including Q3 on art history)

the rest can be done with raw natural talent. if you've a bit of flair and creativity and are a good sketcher, it's easy to go alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭captainzapp

youd definitley want to practice life drawing a good bit though and trying to find people to pose for 15 - 30 minuets in slightly odd positions is tricky, very tricky... and it depends what craft youd want to do aswell. but it would definitley be possible, especially if your okay with the history/apreciation section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

you can just be good at painting, ect.
    you need to be fast too! you'd have to pracise the whole doing a still life or imaginative comp. in the 2.5 hrs. thats where i balls up mine, didnt practise painting fast n just didnt get things finished!

other than that u'd be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

I did art as an extra subject.. i asked one of our art teachers would she teach me twice a week for an hour. (we paid her)
    I'd say u cud do it by yourself though, its a fairly handy subject.. but dont forget to practise drawings etc. Best of luck wotever u decide to do!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement