Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring Courses

Options
  • 15-06-2006 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I am thinking of doing international commerce in ucd but don't know if I will be able for the language part of the course. I was wondering how hard it would be to move to just commerce if I found the language to much. How are ucd about changing course throughout the year? Thanks for any help...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you're not able for the language part you probably shouldn't pick this course.
    Anyway, AFAIK, there was quite a few people who tranferred from the international to normal B.Comm in the first few months of 1st year when I was in first year so you should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AJ_19

Normal commerce would be my first choice but if I don't get it I would still like to do commerce. Does anyone know the requirements for changing a course? Do you still have to have the points for the course or can you just change freely enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

You still have to have the points for the course as far as I know. Two of my friends changed from International to Commerce last year. One of the had even finished the year but reapplied to the CAO and as the points dropped for Commerce this year she got a place. She had to repeat the year but was exempt from most things since she'd already passed them in International. The second girl had the points needed for commerce so she could easily change and did so after a month or so.

Advertisement