Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shayne Ward

Options
  • 15-06-2006 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I've just bought Shayne Ward's album and I've noticed that some of the songs sound really familiar.. Were any of the songs released by someone else before? I know 'I Cry' was on Westlife's third album but I think I've heard some of the others as well. Anyone help?

Cheers!

- J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is Shayne Ward actually famous, or is he just constantly advertised? I hear he's playing the Point or something. Is he really that popular, or is it a case that enough people will come to his gigs if they bombard us enough with ads?

Slightly off topic I know, but I completely missed his rise to fame

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

It doesnt make sense to me either. He won a TV competition and released 2? songs. He is apparently selling out many nights at the point now. Its a mixed up world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

I'm sorry but I still can't get over the fact that you bought a Shayne Ward CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

You are in the worng place, I believe this is the music forum :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

colm_mcm wrote:
    Is Shayne Ward actually famous, or is he just constantly advertised? I hear he's playing the Point or something. Is he really that popular, or is it a case that enough people will come to his gigs if they bombard us enough with ads?

You would be correct. Marketing can work wonders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

i asked for answers not insults.. if you dont have answers dont ****ing bother replying.. jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Jane,

To answer your question properly:rolleyes: (shame on you people)

Shayne Ward is the plucky, rags to riches, winner of a National Karaoke contest. Before that he finished out of the frame in the hunt to fill one of five spaces in the globe trotting, trend setting and record smashing band, one true voice. Before that he was a plucky shop assistant in the arndale centre in Manchester. Not quite Darndale, but trying.

He is one of an awe inspiring 7 children. His mammy and daddy were busy I hear you say to yourself...lots of sex in that house eh? Haha...well not enough for Daddy actuallly as he went on to rape a pensioner.

A tough life for plucky Shayne eh? Lots of things to write about there eh?

Here's one of his self penned ditties:
    Shez getin outta bed at half past 10 she startz 2 comb her hair jus an ordinary day she lukz at her reflection off the wall y do i care at all jus an ordianry day jus an ordinary day thtz hurtin u dnt head out inside ur self if u onli let the sun shine on u i proimis u ur not alone when the lightz go out at night wen ur feelin lost inside ur not alone ur not ur not alone wen ur world iz fallin down i will b the 1 around ur not alone ur not alone
    shez waitin 4 the buz itz 12.59
    shez sittin on her own
    jus an ordinary day
    shez lukin at the ppl passin her bi
    it cud b u n i
    thy wud neva dream ov slowin down 2 c if shez alrite
    dont head out inside urself if u onli let the sun shine on u i promis u ur not alone wen the lightz go out at night wen ur feelin lost inside ur not alone ur not ur not alone wen ur world iz fallin down i will b the 1 around ur not alone
    im hurtin im hurtin
    shez hurtin shez hurtin
    im soo alone
    ur not alone
    ur not alone wen the lightz go out at night
    wen ur feelin lost inside ur not alone
    ur not ur not alone
    wen ur world iz fallin down i will b the 1 around ur not alone

You see Jane, plucky Shayne wrote these lyrics, while texting on a Train. (See, I'm even better than him) Anyway, I digress. Like many make up wearing, shop assisting, batty boys, Shayne can't string two sentences together - so they get him to sing songs that have been churned out since the dawn of the platypus. My answer to you is that there is a very good chance that you have heard all of these songs before, probably in an elevator or maybe a supermarket. Kudos to you though for supporting this plucky "rudy" like Mancunian who has succeeded against all odds.* I myself made some interesting noises in the toilet this morning after a heavy night on the beer last night. I managed to record some of them on my phone, maybe you would be interested in purchasing these as an exciting accompaniment to your curent collection.

I hope this has answered your question. Good luck to you Jane.

*The next single

fade2black wrote:
    Shayne Ward is the plucky, rags to riches, winner of a National Karaoke contest. Before that he finished out of the frame in the hunt to fill one of five spaces in the globe trotting, trend setting and record smashing band, one true voice. Before that he was a plucky shop assistant in the arndale centre in Manchester. Not quite Darndale, but trying.

He is one of an awe inspiring 7 children. His mammy and daddy were busy I hear you say to yourself...lots of sex in that house eh? Haha...well not enough for Daddy actuallly as he went on to rape a pensioner.

You see Jane, plucky Shayne wrote these lyrics, while texting on a Train. (See, I'm even better than him) Anyway, I digress. Like many make up wearing, shop assisting, batty boys, Shayne can't string two sentences together - so they get him to sing songs that have been churned out since the dawn of the platypus. My answer to you is that there is a very good chance that you have heard all of these songs before, probably in an elevator or maybe a supermarket. Kudos to you though for supporting this plucky "rudy" like Mancunian who has succeeded against all odds.* I myself made some interesting noises in the toilet this morning after a heavy night on the beer last night. I managed to record some of them on my phone, maybe you would be interested in purchasing these as an exciting accompaniment to your curent collection.

*The next single

:D fade2black, you're so BAAAAD!!! That is one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time! Wow, those are some song lyrics aren't they? They encapsulate modern, urban alienation so perfectly. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

fade2black wrote:
    Jane,

To answer your question properly:rolleyes: (shame on you people)

*The next single

Its hard to work out whats more cringe making, the above reply or Shane Wards music.

Not that hard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

again, i asked for actual answers. not all that insulting ****ing bull**** that you all just posted. cheers, its nice to be taken seriously.:mad: :(

Jane_LS_88 wrote:
    again, i asked for actual answers. not all that insulting ****ing bull**** that you all just posted. cheers, its nice to be taken seriously.:mad: :(

You started it.

boards.ie moderators reach new low in weak faux wit shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Jane_LS_88 wrote:
    all that insulting ****ing bull**** that you all just posted

great thread. good to see he has so many great fans

telling the truth isnt insulting someone

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

In fairness calling someone a "batty boy" isn't the height of scintillating wit now, is it?

I'm really not at my most witty when I'm drinking stella artois. I'm not sure what it does to me, but for one, it makes me reply to threads that I have no business reading in the first place (with mindless drivel). It'll happen again though.

Mossy Monk wrote:
    telling the truth isnt insulting someone

Don't tempt me.

Jane, we're not intentionally insulting you. We're insulting Shayne Ward and, more specifically, the forces behind him. It's not music. It's simply a money-making ploy. He's not talented and there are talented musicians out there who are struggling to earn a crust. Therefore, the criticism is deserved. Not meaning to be patronising, but there's real music out there and I hope you discover it.

Advertisement