Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Summer Sale

Options
  • 16-06-2006 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

Well lads,

This is a newspiece that was due to go up on Irishgamer today. Sadly, we've been delayed until next week (ironing out glitches etc.) as we don't want to launch the site until its 100% functional.

Anyway, here's the newspiece:

Gamestop’s Summer sale starts today, Friday the 16th of June. All second hand PlayStation2, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, Gamecube and Psone games are buy 2 and get a 3rd free for the duration of the sale.

New Xbox games are also available on a buy 1 and get the 2nd half price basis and there are reductions on 360, PSP and PC games too.

We’ve a full list of all the price reductions and the best we could find among the offers were:

Psychonauts for the PC for €20.
    GTA: San Andreas for PS2 for €20.
    Stuntman for PS2 for €20.
    Killer 7 for PS2 for €15.
    Resident Evil 4 for PS2 for €30.
    Archer Maclean’s Mercury for PSP for €25.

The rest of the price reductions weren’t up to much but we’d imagine the offer on the used games could unearth quite a few bargains.

I'd imagine if there's a Gamestop near where you work or if you're near one today, it could be worth calling in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

mmm psychonauts cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

You're a legend Lemlin. I'd be kicking myself if I walked past the place today and only saw this later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

grimloch wrote:
    You're a legend Lemlin. I'd be kicking myself if I walked past the place today and only saw this later on.

No worries. Just spread the word about Irishgamer when it launches next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

What kind of specs does Psychonauts need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Not sure what the minimum specs are but I ran it on an athlon xp 1700+ with 512mb ram and either a geforce 2 or a radeon 9550-probably the radeon, preformed well enough for me but I've always been willing to settle for less than brilliant visuals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

excellent, i'll pick up mercury now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Definately some good bargains to be found alright.

Unfortunately my bank account has about €1.72 in it so I couldn't indulge myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

sweet.... i'll definitely head in there tomorrow
    hopefully they're not still charging €45 for a preowned copy of SotC:p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Psychonauts is €20 on Xbox in GAME btw...
    Must check out the sale though. They had Lumines for €20 preowned the last time I was in... pity I'm waiting for my replacement laser card at the moment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

70percent console games/ps2 xbox, buy 2 get 3rd game free.got needfor speed most wanted ,latest 007 bond game,and ssx3 ,35euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

i have €5 off vouchers if anyone wants them - free to a good home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Psychonauts is €20 on Xbox in GAME btw...
    ...and they're selling it on PS2 for 20 squid in Xtravision too. Must have got in a shedload of this game everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

Is there any good deals on Premium Xbox 360 with a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

CarefulNow wrote:
    Is there any good deals on Premium Xbox 360 with a game?

The 360 games on the list they gave me were very poor. Only about a fiver off the likes of Condemned. The biggest price cut for a 360 game was €15 off The Outfit but it's terrible.

I spent 30 ****ing minutes trying to pick out 3 preowned PS2 games earlier today
    ended up taking King Kong, Devil May Cry and MGS3.
    they had about 30 copies of 50 cent's game (no exxagaration), and not one fecking copy of God of War:mad:
    and preowned SotC is still at €45:confused:
    might as well just buy it brand new for a euro less on play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

any more of Kong and MSG3? and how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

tman wrote:
    I spent 30 ****ing minutes trying to pick out 3 preowned PS2 games earlier today
    ended up taking King Kong, Devil May Cry and MGS3.
    they had about 30 copies of 50 cent's game (no exxagaration), and not one fecking copy of God of War:mad:
    and preowned SotC is still at €45:confused:
    might as well just buy it brand new for a euro less on play.com

the 50cent game doesn't surprise me at all. i demo'd it and it's a load of me arse

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Psychonauts cheap is excellent.
    Hopefully now it will sell a couple of copies :cool:

superfly wrote:
    any more of Kong and MSG3? and how much?
    MGS3 was €12 and King Kong was €9 iirc
    there were a couple of copies of each

Advertisement