Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Play World of Warcraft for free" - trial

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

There are quite a number of us rolling alt chars on @burning legion@ but its a mature server with a full pop, we are on comms and I'm sure you'd be welcome there if you want to roll or have any questions drop me a line.

nah pvp aint a constant hassle when questing it works both ways :p

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

If you roll PvE, you still have the battlegrounds for when you want PvP action, but you don't have the hassle of being ganked everywhere when you're outside of that and trying to get your quests done. There tends to be fewer immature 14 year olds on RP and RP-PvP servers, so if you want a mature crowd that could be something to consider.
    *is still pissed at the 2 14 year olds who disconnected from a DM group last night*
    I'm on a PvE server (Kilrogg), it's only a few months old so there's a lot of people at low levels (Server census) and I'm having a lot of fun :) Lv24 now after about 4 weeks, and I intend to hang around to 60 with my paladin. Of course, if you wanted to go for a completely new server, Aerie Peak is only up for about a week so you'd have a lot of low levels there. It's PvE too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ouch. 60 levels of lolladin-ing...

Believe it or not, some of us actually like being a lol-adin! :p

As a rogue I find that hard to believe... :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

well i went out and bought it today at lunch time.

I hope this is better then ffxi. how is soloing in this?

also, one of my friends told me to join Emeralrd Dram Server. What type of server is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Soloing is viable for a long time, the end game pretty much forces you to group though.

ah good stuff.

You have pt after lv10 in ffxi and sometimes it can be a right pain the in ass

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You can solo to 60 if you want. The only times you need to group is if you want a particular quest reward and it involves a nasty dungeon or instance. Otherwise, solo grinding is very profitable and generally interesting enough so long as you are grinding things bigger than you are that introduce a nice risk element to it.

I only party when I'm bored tbh. Join a friendly guild and you can chat away to people as you grind, it makes it a lot more fun. :)

OMG.. its done so well. The interface is excellent and is like warcraft 3 (which i love).

Well worth the 30 euro. looks like i've found my ffxi replacement

• Advertisement

You bastard. I still can;t play.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

It keeps telling me a key has already been sent to this account. Even though I just started a new one for it ¬_¬.

Anyone want to sign up for me and send me the key? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Either create a new account or check out the support in the blizzard forums.

I can't see anything on the support forums about it and I tried with a few different accounts. People on other forums were having similar problems.

EDIT: NM, got it to work :D

4th time lucky, just used my mams email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

I'm thinking of getting WOW. I've currently been playing FFXI and it can be a real grind sometimes.

But i got a new iMAC today and am considering wow.

Is anyone here playing WOW on a iMAC with intel processors? I'm wondering what the performance is like?

I'm playing on an iMac G5 and it runs like smooth,hot,delicious chocolate.

If I buy them game at the end of my trial do I get my first month included with it?

Yep, I bought the game plus a 60-day time card at the end of my 10-day guest pass in early June, and I'm subscribed up until early September now.

I'd be worried if I did that I would actually play from now untill september :/

Yes, yes you would.

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I'd be worried if I did that I would actually play from now untill september :/
    That's the plan for me :p
    Though the work thing sorta gets in the way of good WoW-ing sometimes :p

• Advertisement

i can defo see myself playing nothing but WoW for a good while. I love the game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Is this still working because all i get is a page that asks for a guest pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

not working for me either
    i've entered my details and clicked "sign-up here for a free trial", but nothing happens... no confirmation email or anything

Advertisement