Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I Find this stairs

Options
  • 16-06-2006 9:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi,

Seen this picture on myhome and really like the way the stairs clicks together and would like to get it for my own home.

Does anyone know who supplies this property_features.asp?id=274303&np=&nsa=&type=pa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

looks like a regular stairs with very nice wood covering the steps & risers. Wish I thought of that ... when I took carpet off my stairs a few years ago, I was left with cheap plywood steps! I should have covered it with good qual hardwood.

Doesnt look like it should be a prob to make it yourself Taby, if you are handy with a router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

They look great but is there a legal/safety issue about not having a banister?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 tdtd

you would have to get it made in by a joinery workshop- as it is a cut stringer with oak treads and risers, most standard stairs you cannot see the edge of the stairs as they are set into the stringer (side of stairs)
    not cheap either!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

taby_dub wrote:
    Hi,

Seen this picture on myhome and really like the way the stairs clicks together and would like to get it for my own home.

Does anyone know who supplies this property_features.asp?id=274303&np=&nsa=&type=pa

Cladded standard stairs, with solid material, grooved and jointed, and rertofitted onto a normal stairs. This is an option if you were fitting , lets say, 18 mm flooring on the ground floor and first floor. If you fitted on the stairs only, you are increasing the first step 18 mm in height relative to the rest of the stairs. The last small tread will then be awkward to deal with. Tricky to explain I am afraid.

Ideal, as I said if you were re flooring throughout.

kadman

Advertisement