Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem connection question

• 16-06-2006 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I want to buy this modem: D-Link DSL-G604T Wireless ADSL Router (802.11g, UK). Does anyone know what the 'UK' stands for? I believe England have different size phone ports than Ireland so I don't want to but a modem that does not have the right phone connection.

I am buying from here: http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=110551&tab=2
    The tech details say it has a RJ-11 ADSL port, is that the port port that Irish phones use? I think it is but I am confused why they have UK in the description of the modem.

Any comments/insight would be appreciated :)

Sconsey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

The different port is only on the socket side of the equation, normally all devices use an RJ45 or RJ11 or RJ7 to connect and the conuntries specific plug on the other end of the cable.

Sorry just read the rest of your post, yeah the RJ11 is what we use in Ireland (its the American Std)

UK is prob to do with the power adapter and/or phone cable

MC

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

The "UK" probably refers to the regulatory domain - ETSI as opposed to FCC. It makes more channels available (12 & 13) and reduces the allowed output power.

Advertisement