Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom or Smart for new Apartment in Rathmines(gamer)

• 16-06-2006 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Moving into a new house in Rathmines.

I need the best BB i can get.
    Esat seem like trouble.

Smart seem great, fantastic actually, but i dont want to spend 2months messing around while Smart get my line and give me BB.

So i am thinking about one of Eircoms top end packages.
    How good are Eircom on the Rathmines exchange? I was looking at there 3mb-down 348kps-up service.

Would getting a business package make much of a difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I think the general issue with Smart is if you already have broadband. Find out if you can get Smart in the apartment, available soon doesn't count.

If you can get it, order it, I think that will be straight forward. If they mess you about once, cancel. Don't accept any Smart products until the Broadband is installed as this can cause messing around too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bt are fine. i know people have had problems with their billing dept but i've never had any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

House has a phone line.

I want to get BB asap. How long does it take from phoning Eircom for them to gimme an account and turn on the BB?

Will it be the same amount of time it would take smart?

I favour Eircom cause i want to get the BB asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Woody_FX wrote:
    House has a phone line.

I want to get BB asap. How long does it take from phoning Eircom for them to gimme an account and turn on the BB?

Will it be the same amount of time it would take smart?

I favour Eircom cause i want to get the BB asap.

ASAP is not in Eircom's vocabulary. I'm still waiting for just a plain old phone line from them. In my last place, it took me a month to get broadband hooked up with Eircom. I live in Rathmines also and when I rang Smart, they said they weren't available in my area but it's possible that they're just not available in the part of Rathmines I live in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Well in defense of eircom, I called them to get my line enbled, happened in a matter of hours, ordered broadband online had it within ten days as promised.

Didn't deal with any arseholes on customer support.

• Advertisement
Advertisement