Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless router with a wan port

• 16-06-2006 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭

Guys,

Which wireless router with a wan port would you recommend ??

I was thinking of the "Netgear DG834G 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Modem Firewall Router with 4-port 10/100 switch " but wondering if it was a bit of an over kill for a home network.

Finally are there any websites you recommend to purchase from that delivers to Ireland ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Is it for a DSL connection or cable?

That netgear is a dsl modem/router so is only good if you have DSL. If you're looking for a router what has an entrenet (RJ-45) WAN input then the linksys wrt54g is your best bet.

As for websites: komplett.ie, elara.ie, expansys.ie, microaid.ie. I've done business with them all and they're good. Shop around for best price though. And if you can't see it on microaid site mail and ask them to order it in. They prob have the best customer service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

Thanks IRLRobins.

It is for use with Lastmile broadband which is cable. Currently the cable connects into my laptop but I want to connect the cable to a wireless router so that I can use the laptop anywhere in the house.

Then the netgear is useless. Get the Linksys WRT54G. You'll have no problems with it.

I use it on my IBB connection. Solid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Second the linksys

There fast becomeing the preferred choice for almost anything home related

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭mburke

any really difference between the Linksys WRT54G and the Linksys WRT54GS ?

Is the speedbooster bit just PR Speak to help sell the product. From a price view it is € 4 euro difference on one website.

• Advertisement

If you have a linksys wireless card that also has speedbooster you can get speeds faster than the g standard of 54mbps. So unless you have such a card get the vanilla WRT54G.

Advertisement