Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Sony screen any good?

• 16-06-2006 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, I'm buying this sony 32" plasma for €700 second hand, finding it difficult to find reviews, does anyone know anything about this or similar models? I know 32" is pretty small for plasma these days. Any comments would be appreciated. http://www.productreview.com.au/showitem.php?item_id=1309

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Not bad I would suggest, You can NEVER go wrong with a Sony TV.

I have a 32" Bravia and its quality :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

I wouldnt bother with it if I was you , it has some very unusual specs , and the model has been dropped by Sony .
    Sony have been slipping badly lately and its no longer a given that their stuff is quality any more unfortunately.

Sony have not entered the flatscreen business with a flourish , their products are only coming up to scratch now with the bravia series and even then only the later Bravia models can compete with likes of Samsung , LG , Sharp , and Panasonic , the last four being the best flatscreens currently on sale.

Heres a link , note the funny resolution of 852 horizntal by 10 24 vertical , now this is contrary to the most popular HD resolution of 1366 x 768 at the moment meaning that the TV cannot natively show most widescreen resolutions ( OK most cant but the degree of scaling on this model will be more extreme than most ) .
    Also there is no digital input , only component which is shared with RGB , so this set is barely HD ready at all.

http://www.sony.com.au/catalog/product.jsp?id=KE32TS2E&section=arch&term=KE32TS2E+

Anyway in this case its definitely buyer beware.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

that tv is about 2-3 years old at least. for €1600-ish you can get the new panasonic 32" HD-LCD, which is much better.

andy1249, obviously the tv is barely HD ready. nobody know what the hell hd ready was back when this tv was out.

it was a very good tv at the time but compare it to an extra €1000 today for hd... i reckon i would go for the extra cash and go hd. if u have no interest what-so-ever in HD then go for this! u can still use the component input to connect HD and although it wont look AMAZING it will be quite good still.

moe

Advertisement