Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German - what did everyone think??

Options
  • 16-06-2006 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

So what did everyone think? I thought it was fair enough, the comprehensions were weird but easy enough.

I did the SP b and i thought it was grand, got in all my Nutzliche Woerter!

The listening comp was harder than the french i thought, but not too bad, what did ppl put down for the 3rd one for how she felt, i said fed up but as per usual you could argue either way - damn those ppl in the department for their ambiguity!!! :mad: (wrong spelling probably but who cares, english is over!!! ) :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Duff

I did ordinary level and found it very easy, alot of my mates doin higher found it easy enough aswell, some said the listening was tough...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Thought the higher level paper was pretty good, only dodgy part was the one with the grammar, listening was alright too, mixed up part 2 I think.

Was it that their son had nearly drown and a young boy saved him or something? Meh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

niamhy101 wrote:
    So what did everyone think? I thought it was fair enough, the comprehensions were weird but easy enough.

I did the SP b and i thought it was grand, got in all my Nutzliche Woerter!

The listening comp was harder than the french i thought, but not too bad, what did ppl put down for the 3rd one for how she felt, i said fed up but as per usual you could argue either way - damn those ppl in the department for their ambiguity!!! :mad: (wrong spelling probably but who cares, english is over!!! ) :D

Did higher lever. Got 90% in the mock. Think I did better today. Listeneing was tough. I also said fed up but you could have argued either way. I didn't do the letter. Thought the schriftliche was easy as was the ausserung! Hoping for an A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

it was simple , no one can have a problem with that paper. it was very fair. the tape work seemed like a j.c. one!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭blahhh

Ordinary was fair enough, tape wasn't as easy as I expected though....happy though :D

I'M FINISHED.....WOOOOOOOOOOOO :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

The written was fine, but the tape was impossible. That might have ruined a really good grade for me:mad: . What percentage is the tape worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

depending on level. 20 or 25 percent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

20% I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

I'm ****e at this subject and am looking for no more than 70 points from it. I suppose I got it. The tape is what will blow me up if anything. The first comprehension was fine, as was the Ausserung. Some of the questions from the second text were a bit flimsy, though, and I hate with almighty passion the question on synonyms. It relies essentially on double coincidence, that you know the original word as well as its equivelant. The Angewandte was okay. As for the letter, I wasn't all that happy. I'm not sure the topic of "road standards" is really covered on our syllabus. The picture looked okay but I simply didn't have enough waffle prepared to manage four or five details out of really banal subjects.

The listening comprehension, however, was dire. I really, really fecked that one up. I interpreted question 2 as being about the blonde fella bringing their son home safely while he was pissed. Gah. Didn't like question one, either. I couldn't find enough to write about. I hope I got at least 40 out of the 80 marks for that section. Not pleased.

Anyway, with my oral I'm sure I got my C. Hopefully the aural marking will be liberal. Now to cram physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Kovik wrote:

The listening comprehension, however, was dire.
    It was worse than dire :D especially the first section I nearly had a heart attack too

I'M FINISHED TOO WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sash

D Tape Was Awful Bad!!
    Hope I Passed At Least
    Im Finshed No Woooooohhhhhhhoooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

I though it was grand to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

only bit i didn't like was the synonyms bit. hadn't a clue for most of them! other than that was a fair paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

It was ok wish id studied!i didn really hv time to finish it!tape wz a bit hard at times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Thought it was okay, comps were a bit odd with a few dodgey bit but workable... the letter was a bit of a b!tch, our teacher had gona sport mad the last few weeks insisting the world cup would come up but meh...
    listening was pretty alright too, anyone get how many teens smoke at the end? Just said most of them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

me to le rack hahaha!my friend said its a half of dem!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

d4gurl wrote:
    me to le rack hahaha!my friend said its a half of dem!
    Ah i said it was 40%, just stuck it down at the end, hopefully the examiner isn't good at maths :D

Anyway i found the exam fair enough, i just ran out of time but i started with the essay first so i had that out of the way. My teacher had covered topics to do with the stuff in the letter and parts of the essay. I went with the essay, thought it was easier to do. I wish i had revised more for the grammer section.
    I didn't like the tape but overall it was a fair exam noting out of the ordinary. All i want is my C3.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mad Cyril

Thought it was alright apart from the Aural. People seem to ahve generally found it hard though so they'll be decent with thee marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

Hm, I done all parts of the exam. Thought it was easy enough. Tape was easy aswell/ And yes it was the son who drowned and was saved by the kid at the school. Not sure how i did tbh, I think my grammer was fairly desperate. Finished now, Technical Graphics was my last exam.. `m/

My letter was a bit longer than the required 160, well more than a bit, they dont punish you for that do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 niamhy101

i hope they dont take marks away for going over the 160 words,i wrote like 2.5 answer book pages for my Schriftliche Produktion, i can never get anything good down in 160 anyway!!!!

• Advertisement

i have to say i thought the written was ok but the aural was very difficult

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 schnupi

as far as i know they dont punish u for writing too much.. lol i wrote 2 1/2 pages for the letter. and dont tell me it wasnt good because it was :D i know that for a reason. there is just a limit because if u write more u can make more mistakes. if ur good at grammar and spellings ur fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

Glazun wrote:
    My letter was a bit longer than the required 160, well more than a bit, they dont punish you for that do they?
    My teacher told us to ignore it, its ment to be a guide but you'd do well to get the content marks in 160 words so to answer your question you don't get punished. Having said that there is no point in writing 250+ words, it will just mean more grammer mistakes.

Advertisement