Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

juicer

• 16-06-2006 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

does anyone own a juicer?

and juice regularly?

i'm thinking of getting one, as it's a good way to get healthy food in your belly, without the hastle.

after much searching online i'm thinking of getting this bad boy.

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews8918.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

Whatever you do get one that's easy to clean. I got fed up of cleaning mine after about 3 weeks and now I never use it. I use my smoothie maker all the time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

stp wrote:
    does anyone own a juicer?

and juice regularly?

i'm thinking of getting one, as it's a good way to get healthy food in your belly, without the hastle.

I wouldn't get anything branded with Worrall Thompson, anything I've seen with his name on it hasn't been great quality, it's an endorsement of a juicer.....get one without it'll be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've got the Juicelady Jr and a Kenwood smoothie maker. I use the juicer more than the smoothie maker as it's the only way youngest will take fruit. I find both of them very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

stp wrote:

I have that juicer and its great, has a really wide chute so there is no need to chop up the fruit/veg first. It is fast and relatively easy to clean.

I used to have a cheaper one and it was crap, definitely worth spending a bit extra on a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

jimogr wrote:
    I have that juicer and its great, has a really wide chute so there is no need to chop up the fruit/veg first. It is fast and relatively easy to clean.

I used to have a cheaper one and it was crap, definitely worth spending a bit extra on a good one.

ye, the whole big chute thing is cool.

was showing my housemate how cool it was last night, said she could have a go, and the thing just stops, mid juice!

it was only a feckin pear.

anyway, i think maybe the plug came loose, sure i have the receipt if it is faulty.

still, happy with it. i've heard pears can clog up the mesh a bit. haven't juiced any veg yet.

but will soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Never had any problems with pears ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

ok.. to the ill informed please explaine the diffirence between a juicer and a smoothie maker????

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Screensiren

A juicer extracts the juice from fruit and vegetables, taking out the pulp, leaving you with pure juice.
    A smoothie maker is essentially a glorified blender. Its only used for soft fruits - bananas, strawberries, raspberries, etc - and yoghurt\ice\milk, whatever liquid you choose to throw in with it. It liquidises the whole fruit rather than extracting the juice.

I hope this helps ;)
    SS

Advertisement