Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old (and clearly superior) Science Course

• 16-06-2006 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

How did you find the paper? Some of the short questions were a little tricky but overall it wasn't too bad. Opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I hated science (old course) when I did it last year. My teacher was so crap and we had her for 3 years :eek: still got a C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 smoosh

i thought it was more difficult than other papers. usually each of the long questions has two very different areas covered in it but this year the whole question was just on one area. i thought the biology question on digestion was very hard. which is why i didn't do it.

i'm pretty happy with it overall though. it could've been worse!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

hehe you lot had to do the old course. but i still wish i was doing it as then i wouldn't of had to waste my time with bloddy experiments and if I didn't know a question I could have just skipped it. Ah well at least I finished the new sylabus after less than an hour. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

hahahaha love the title piste old and clearly superior science course. Absolutely correct. Us 1989ers must stick together!!!! only like something like 3,500 pople did the old sylabus. I dont care what other people think that the new syallbus is harder even though they have to do all questions on paper. ours is harder.

Well with regards the paper. Very mangeable indeed. in long questions i did.
    Physics: Q4. ONLY part i found a bit weird is the experiment to show that water expands at low tempratures. The only experiment in our science book the world of science(a pity that its gone) that is similar is to show that liquids expand when heated ,not at low tempratures. i just did that experiment and said only use the bunsen burner for a second.

Chemistry: q.7 very manageable. what was q6 (a) all about?

Biology:q.8 digestive system which i predicted. as one system of the body always comes up.

In applied science aka options.

FOOD: (a) and (c)

ENERGY CONVERSIONS: happy that a dc motor came up. got the diagram to learn from a leaving physics book.

id say i got an A around the 90% and over mark.

• Advertisement

only need 306 or there abouts out of 360 to get an A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I thought it was quite easy.
    Did two of the Physics Questions.
    And the Earth and Material Science was easy too.
    Loads of stuff I'd studied the previous night came up...like the ice block thing..:)

Advertisement