Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Holland v Ivory Coast Predictions

• 16-06-2006 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any predictions for this match

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

1-1. Van Persie and the Drogster to score. I'd love to see the Ivory Coast win and go through though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I really hope the Ivory Coast can win this game to make the final games in the group interesting. I certainy wouldnt put it past them to win because Holland didnt look great against Serbia and Ivory Coast put up a good show and looked like a decent against Argentina. We saw today what the Argies are capable of.

If Ivory Coast dont win then they are pretty much out so I think they might nick this by the odd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead reckons the Dutch will win by a couple of goals. 2-0 or 3-1.I reckon Van Nistelrooy shall get off the mark as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Dont say 1-1 I have Holland in a 6 way accum. :eek:

Come on d' Holland. Please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I like the Ivory Coast, I'd like them to prove me right as a darkhorse in the tournament, but I have Holland for a narrow win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Not long now to go only 20 minutes to kick off and we'll find out who fairs out the best of the two teams.

My money is on Holland so I have to back now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I am going to go with a 3-2 win for Holland in the game of the tournament so far. Well hopefully it may well turn out to be that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I'd like to contribute absolutely nothing to this thread and say I'm completely unsure. Could go either way.

So much so in fact that I put down three accumulator bets just to be sure.

Narrow Dutch win is most likely but IC will be difficult to break down and Drogba is a big threat up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Holland with Ruud to score, VDS to make some super saves

Oh what a free kick, brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

va n persie goal

Oh yeh, that is ****ing brilliant, gwan the Dutch!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Brilliant work by Robben,great finish by Van Nistelrooy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

goal for ruud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Van Nistelrooy, 2-0. He enjoyed that.

What a ****ing goal from Kone, what a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Good goal for Ireland just now.

BTW, nice to see Van Divesalot getting booked for cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

what a sreamer:eek: 2-1,this game is`nt over by a long shot

Van Divesalot getting booked for cheating.

I didn't know he was called Van Robben.
    Also there was definate contact.

Anyone else think that at the next and following World Cup, the Ivory Coast could be challenging?

• Advertisement

Pigman II wrote:
    BTW, nice to see Van Divesalot getting booked for cheating.

Who are you on about there?

Go on the Dutch!!!!!!!

That's the first step to the World Cup!

PHB wrote:
    Go on the Dutch!!!!!!!

That's the first step to the World Cup!

They will have to improve big time on their second half display if they have serious intentions of winning it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Quite a good game it has to be said, although coming after the Argentina game made it seem less good, when compared, etc. Holland go through, but only barely made it past the Ivorians who gave it their all. This was the group of death and both Serbia and Ivory Coast met their deaths quickly. Some good football was played in this match, mainly in the 1st half. The Dutch did better in defense in this match. Against a more craftier attack line though may seem them tested more sternly.

Van Persie's free kick was excellenty dispatched. What a screamer of a shot. The keeper though was weak and could have perhaps saved it, or at least got some of it. The 2nd goal was poor defending by the Ivory Coast. Leaving Van Nistelrooy free. His shot wasnt very well directed I thought, quite straight onto the keeper who was once again weak and was already on his way to the deck before Ruud had his shot away. This may give Ruud more confidence. He needs it.

The plucky Ivory Coast came back though and got a wonder goal, Was it Kone. Van Der Saar who wasnt troubled much in the match couldnt keep that one out. A very good goal. They also hit the bar before that.

But try as they might in the 2nd half, the Ivory Coast couldnt produce another clear cut chance. Most shots were straight at vd Saar. Robben went off on his mazy runs as usual. Van Persie did ok. V d Vaart did quite good I thouight. Van Bommel was a bit ragged. The backs did enugh with van Bronckhurst probably the best.

At least we wont see the Irish flag in reverse at the 2nd stage now or even later. If we did, we would have had an excuse to start supporting them.

I feel sorry for the Ovory Coast though. They are a good team and are out before a lot of teams that are worse than them. This proved to be the goup of death.

another enjoyable WC game ....

Now the big one to decide who will top the group. I dont expect the Dutch to go all out. They have no need to burn all of their efforts on this match. Better save the reserve energies for the match against Portugal which is likely. It could be a tepid draw. Both teams would be nuts to go at it like mad men, although we would all like to see a 6 goal thriller or something.

redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PHB wrote:

Anyone else think that at the next and following World Cup, the Ivory Coast could be challenging?

Doesnt someone always say that about <insert Cameroon/Nigeria/Sa other African team here>

They have everything but the ability to control games, they are alwasy chasing it altho they provide great entertainment, entertainment doesnt win football matches.

They need to get down and dirty and grind out a win, score with their only chance etc: . Not throw everything at the other team who is usaully European and well able to soak up anything. IC played very well and whoever gets Zokora will get a decent box to box mid but even he needed someone beside him to dictate the pace of the game.

Africans always chasing games, always entertaining, always losing.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

KdjaC wrote:
    Africans always chasing games, always entertaining, always losing.

couldnt have said it better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,781 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Lemlin wrote:
    I'd love to see the Ivory Coast win and go through though.

You, Sir, are not my friend :)
    KdjaC wrote:
    Doesnt someone always say that about <insert Cameroon/Nigeria/Sa other African team here>

Good point - yes someone always does say that. I started sh!tting bricks though when watching the second half of Argentina - Ivory Coast (missed first half). The pure physical power of IC frightened the life outta me. I was convinced that had that match lasted another 30 mins, IC would have won it.
    redspider wrote:
    Quite a good game it has to be said, although coming after the Argentina game made it seem less good, when compared, etc. Holland go through, but only barely made it past the Ivorians who gave it their all. This was the group of death and both Serbia and Ivory Coast met their deaths quickly. Some good football was played in this match, mainly in the 1st half. The Dutch did better in defense in this match. Against a more craftier attack line though may seem them tested more sternly.

Van Persie's free kick was excellenty dispatched. What a screamer of a shot. The keeper though was weak and could have perhaps saved it, or at least got some of it. The 2nd goal was poor defending by the Ivory Coast. Leaving Van Nistelrooy free. His shot wasnt very well directed I thought, quite straight onto the keeper who was once again weak and was already on his way to the deck before Ruud had his shot away. This may give Ruud more confidence. He needs it.

The plucky Ivory Coast came back though and got a wonder goal, Was it Kone. Van Der Saar who wasnt troubled much in the match couldnt keep that one out. A very good goal. They also hit the bar before that.

But try as they might in the 2nd half, the Ivory Coast couldnt produce another clear cut chance. Most shots were straight at vd Saar. Robben went off on his mazy runs as usual. Van Persie did ok. V d Vaart did quite good I thouight. Van Bommel was a bit ragged. The backs did enugh with van Bronckhurst probably the best.

At least we wont see the Irish flag in reverse at the 2nd stage now or even later. If we did, we would have had an excuse to start supporting them.

I feel sorry for the Ovory Coast though. They are a good team and are out before a lot of teams that are worse than them. This proved to be the goup of death.

another enjoyable WC game ....

Now the big one to decide who will top the group. I dont expect the Dutch to go all out. They have no need to burn all of their efforts on this match. Better save the reserve energies for the match against Portugal which is likely. It could be a tepid draw. Both teams would be nuts to go at it like mad men, although we would all like to see a 6 goal thriller or something.

redspider

Razor sharp analysis, redspider :)

I agree with you that IC is likely to be one of the best teams to exit at this stage. They'll be back

Advertisement