Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1mb Eircom worth it?

• 16-06-2006 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I tried signing up for Eircom's 3mb broadband, they emailed me saying that the 1mb home starter package at E29.99 is all that's available for now (they say i can upgrade if it becomes available in my area). Is the home starter a good package? I'm thinking about trying to sign up for Bt for their 3mb package, any chance Bt might be able to offer 3mb or even 2mb or are they also limited to what Eircom offer?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

you can get 2Mbit for that price with BT or 1Mbit for 20 euro so 29.99 isn't good value

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheJesusWarrant

Jakkass wrote:
    you can get 2Mbit for that price with BT or 1Mbit for 20 euro so 29.99 isn't good value

Yeah, but is it even possible to get Bt 2mb or 3mb considering Eircom can only offer 1mb, or is it certain Bt will only be able to provide 1mb also?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

go to www.getbroadband.ie . This should answer your questions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Yeah, but is it even possible to get Bt 2mb or 3mb considering Eircom can only offer 1mb, or is it certain Bt will only be able to provide 1mb also?

Did you ask why Eircom are only willing to provide you with 1Mb, seeing as they are advertising greater speeds in the media?

Have you asked BT what speed you can get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

well at least if BT are only able to give 1mb you would be able to get it cheaper than Eircoms offering

• Advertisement
Advertisement