Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast in cork?

Options
  • 16-06-2006 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭

Where's the place for the best fry up in Cork? Been to Clancys which was fine. Had one in Zaks too and that was grand. Any other spots to be recommended?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

Tony's Bistro, i dunno if Kafka's is still open, but if it is, its not a bad spot for brekkie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Smileylynz

The Up Town Grill on MCurtain St, does a great breakfast! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

What's the name of that place on Marlboro St? They do a breakfast to kill for. Used to be a bad Italian place I think.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Best spot for a full irish (and get a potato cake on teh side) is Nash 19's on prince's st. spensive but savage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Silverkey has a breakfast there on saturday morning.. SAVAGE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭judybaby

Oh Nash's 19 everytime ....yummmmmmy...want it now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I had breakfast in the Captain's Table one morning on my way to the pub. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yeah i love nash 19 for brekkie, or tony's bistro for a right proper hangover fry up. Also, Liberty Grill on washington street do lovely breakfast..lovely breads and poached eggs..yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Riordan's in Washington street is pretty good for breakfast. And Tony's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Nash 19 brekkie - heaven!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Puccinos in Douglas Village shopping centre do fine breakfasts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

agree silver quay is a class place for breakie but my all time fav is strasbourg goose on french church st. mini there is like a full every where else and they give you chips if you want em. also always come out with seconds of tea, toast, coffee etc. staff really friendly and food top notch

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've heard a couple of duff reviews from the strasbourg before but that was folks in for the sunday lunch. Only place in town I'd go for a fry up is Tony's, I swear their fryups could bring a man back from the dead :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

strasbourg goose is dodge for service for evening meals.

nash 19 beats tony's, but tony's is a bit more affordable...

havent been in the goose for any other meal bar breakfast so i cant comment but the breakfast imo is fantastic and i go there at least 4 or 5 times a month on various weekdays and weekends.anyhoo that my 2cents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Shep Smythe

The Three Steps Cafe, Bondi Road, Sydney, NSW.

As close a good breakfast you'll get to Cork.

As for the 'Big Boy'.

Shep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

With all the recommendations for Nash 19 I went in yesterday. My god the staff are so nice. Food was excellent too. I was too unhungry to appreciate the big **** off breakfast with potato cake :(

The Three Steps Cafe, Bondi Road, Sydney, NSW.

As close a good breakfast you'll get to Cork.

As for the 'Big Boy'.

Shep

probably be quicker gettin there than getting through the kinsale rd roundabout some mornings!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gingerbread House!!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Not sure about weekdays - but I love the Bodega for Brunch at the weekends. Their menu is scrummy - try the blueberry pancakes - too die for - especially after you've had their brunch special - but you have to be hungry going in there. J

• Advertisement

scoozis do chocolate waffels for breakfast.... lush. they also do some sort fruit and youghurt and waffels for those who are better behaved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Cochise

Kafka's - all im gonna say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

Tony's.... gotta love the grease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

For me its gotta be Hayfield Manor for the best full Irish breakfast not just in Cork but possibly the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

Wildways on prince's street next door to Nash's
    lovely organic porridge and omelettes, muffins etc.
    pricey but F€ckin delish! a lot more friendly than Nash 19's staff!

gosh, i didnt think you can get much friendlier at that hour of the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Let's get this thread going again.

We're always looking for somewhere to go for a good hangover-curing fry on Saturday and Sunday mornings around the city centre and always end up in the same place - Puccino's in Rory Gallagher Square.

We've been to Tony's a good few times but there sausages and fairly poor.

Anyone got any suggestions. other than those two?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I can never decide between Tony's and Puccino's. I love the way Tony's have chips and onion rings, but overall I prefer the food in Puccino's.

They're the only places I ever really go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Liberty Grill - eggs Benedict and a decent coffee. Magic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

JustinOval wrote: »
    Liberty Grill - eggs Benedict and a decent coffee. Magic.

Hmmmmm...sounds interesting. Are they open Sundays?

Advertisement