Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Breakfast in cork?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

fattestman wrote: »
    Hmmmmm...sounds interesting. Are they open Sundays?

they aren't, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Well, at least that's Saturdays sorted. Now, on to Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kinvara64

Enjoying the thread but its making me hungry ! But whats the best value for money ?

kinvara64 wrote: »
    Enjoying the thread but its making me hungry ! But whats the best value for money ?

Well Puccino's is about €9.95 but it's a decent feed. I don't mind paying a tenner for a good quality brekkie. I don't just mean big, but quality too. Tony's Bistro's sausages are pants!

Tony's Bistro's sausages are pants!

Yep :(
    The breakfast in Tony's could and should be an awful lot better given the reputation it has. I've had some very decent main meals in there though, they do a lovely stew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

If you find yourself out B'collig way, Dino's do a good breakfast, fairly cheap too. And quiet, it's around the back of the s/c.

Dino's as in the chippers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thought the eggs benedict in the Liberty grill was very poor last time I was there. Eggs benedicts really should be served with toasted muffins and is best with parma ham. Overall I find LG overpriced with small portions.

Puccinos is great for soakage, not the best quality stuff but you get decent value.

Hardwood on Popes quay is over priced but the food is excellent quality - although they tend to overdo the Eggs in the Benedict/Florentine. Rumour has it it closing down soon enough. A shame, but they were pulling the piss by charging an extra 1.50 for an extra slice of toast.

Electric on weekends had a buffet for 15.00 where you could take what you wanted from the cold table and then have a hot dish after. You could really fla this if you wanted e.g. loading up on muesli, pastries, cheeses smoked salmon all the juice you wanted and then have a beautiful fry or pancakes afterwards. And fla it people did because their prices are now more like everywhere else. It's a good move because you'd want to be starving going in, or else you'd feel like a complete glutton.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Actually, Sober Lane do a full breakfast + a beer + a Berocca for €10 on Saturday and Sunday's from 12-4. Haven't tried it, but it's good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I said the same thing when somone suggested just before Xmas. I've never been down there when they'd be serving chips (which in B'Collig could be from 10 in the morning :D) but yes, I think it's the same place

• Advertisement

They also do breakfast in their Bishopstown and Blackpool chippers :) I've yet to sample them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

With all this talk, I think I'm going to go to Puccino's tomorrow - despite my lack of hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 rabboni

where's the best scrambled eggs in cork??

liberty grill does them poorly.and so does the clarion hotel! best so far was the airport hotel.for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Kafka's in Blackpool is da bomb! Can never finish a full Irish in there...

Or Food Capers on Thomas Davis St - their breakfasts are wicked too!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

where to get a good brekkie a 7 in the morning?somewhere to go in and sit down like??i finish work at this hour and always starvin

Advertisement