Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the bye bye thread......

Options
  • 16-06-2006 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

well as i am finished i should never come back to this forum again!(pending results of course!:) )

so byesy bye!

im sure everyones the same.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Aww yeah! :(

Just like to thank everyone for their views and advice, ye all have been a great help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

this thread depresses me...i have 3 left :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Ha you think you've left? Sorry its not gonna happen..trust me, I was like ye all once... ye'll be back for more punishment results and offers time!

Good luck to ye all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

and then you have years and years of harder and more stressful college exams ahead of you. Ha ... the innocence of youth.

You wont beleive me but the easiest and best years of your life have just ended

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

aw yea im not finished with this place yet!ill be back on after the results to see if everyones discussions,advice,predictions etc payed off!have to admit im going to miss this forum though-its been great!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Grimes wrote:

i believe you :) however during those years, you most certainly don't say that ;)

anyway, time never sleeps. the future is what matters most and it's important not to get distracted by the past.

i'll be back here for sure, lending my no-frills advice to future LC'ers. i'll also be back on august 17th, telling everyone i got 485 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

wise words smemon and for those of you who start to post on the UCD forum im the man to know for all your dark.......needs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

Grimes wrote:

i hate when people say that, its such a depressing thought.
    if these have been the "best years" of my life, i may as well just kill myself now.

not everyone's schools days are fun filled!

and when people around you who have it all finished tell you "ha.. thats just a pile of sh!te.. college is much better..", it makes it even harder to believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

smemon wrote:
    i'll be back here for sure, lending my no-frills advice to future LC'ers. i'll also be back on august 17th, telling everyone i got 485 points.

i'll be back too!! i'm never leaving!! EVER :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its better but no nearly as care free, oh the joys of weasley, underage drinking, sct matches, rugby training, and being able to have you way with girls in school uniforms with out it being considered a fetish....:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

Rockerette wrote:
    i hate when people say that, its such a depressing thought.
    if these have been the "best years" of my life, i may as well just kill myself now.

not everyone's schools days are fun filled!

and when people around you who have it all finished tell you "ha.. thats just a pile of sh!te.. college is much better..", it makes it even harder to believe.

I agree....seriously kill me now if those were the best days of my life. Secondary school sucked and even though primary was fun......College had so better be all it's cracked up to be!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

ok... well maybe not by bye forever, as im here writibg this! but bye bye 4 the summer?....

iv lived on this forum 4 the last couple of weeks, n its weird cause iv no reason to go to them anymore.....

*sob*

...ok time to pull my act together n go get bolloxed drunk 4 2 months n then il be back boasting about how i did no work n got 600 points! see you then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Grimes wrote:
    wise words smemon and for those of you who start to post on the UCD forum im the man to know for all your dark.......needs :D
    i like the sound of that! :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

i'll be back too!! i'm never leaving!! EVER :p

mise freisin! abercrombie and d4gurl will rule d Lc forum next year too (obv we wnt be repeating but we hv to keep d yung ones in chek!:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Well learning to spell would be a good start.
    *still pops in occasionally, despite being 4 years in college*

Spelling has no true meaning here in the LC forum! Well that is what I have decided!! Plus I've had a long day!! cut me some slack :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭sully-gormo

Well I certainly cant wait to get to college; even if i get 200 points i dont think i could bring myself to repeat. But maybe thats cos my school is 8:30AM - 7:30PM and school on Sat. Mornings to top it all

ROLL ON COLLEGE:D

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

d4gurl wrote:
    Plus I've had a long day!! cut me some slack :p
    First it was bad spelling d4gurl now its lying, you only had german today :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

**** 3 left for me..............
    anyway il be back leaving cert results night anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

d4gurl wrote:
    mise freisin! abercrombie and d4gurl will rule d Lc forum next year too (obv we wnt be repeating but we hv to keep d yung ones in chek!:D )
    gan dabht a chailin!! anyone want to make us mods :D haha!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Glazun

I'll probably still be around, making it my duty to convince people to study if they havent started already, I didnt study..until the last few minutes.. And almost every paper was a case of "I could've done a lot better if i just studied it a bit more" then again its easy to say after the exam. ¬_¬

Anyone else get into the swing of the leaving? I had gotten used to having exams. Since last english I've had exams on a daily basis, I had tuesday off.

caesar wrote:
    First it was bad spelling d4gurl now its lying, you only had german today :p

But I was studying for german into the wee hours of the nite! Plus I went shopping after German! I mean that in its self is a sport seeing as I had not been for two months :eek:

Oh yes I vote that me and Abercrombie be mods (joint mods) for this thread!! I mean us two have been here from the very beginning (when the forum was civil and not so serious! :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Well I certainly cant wait to get to college; even if i get 200 points i dont think i could bring myself to repeat. But maybe thats cos my school is 8:30AM - 7:30PM and school on Sat. Mornings to top it all

ROLL ON COLLEGE:D

hey, there's sod all wrong with 200 points, my honours degree course (computer science) the year before i joined (2004/2005) was 220 points dispite it being an excellant course, low points =/= ****e course. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭caesar

d4gurl wrote:
    But I was studying for german into the wee hours of the nite! Plus I went shopping after German! I mean that in its self is a sport seeing as I had not been for two months :eek:
    Ok i'll let you off...this time :p i went for a drive after german, great way to relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

One exam left, but I'll hang around. Probably going to be giving a friend of mine maths grinds next year, so I'll need to keep in touch with what's going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Raphael wrote:
    I'll need to keep in touch with what's going on.
    ah yea..it'll always be good to try and maybe help those that will be doin the leaving cert next yea,passing on advice etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Or laughing at their pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

I'm curious - when are people's last exams? I still have Physics and Spanish to go but then I have Japanese on Friday (not sure if it's morning or afternoon). Feels like I'm the last person in the country doing the Leaving. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Kovik

I'll be done once I knacker physics on Monday and subsequently cry like a wee bairn for his mother's teat.

After that, my ass has a date with my chair for about three months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Cremo wrote:
    hey, there's sod all wrong with 200 points, my honours degree course (computer science) the year before i joined (2004/2005) was 220 points dispite it being an excellant course, low points =/= ****e course. :p

So very true considering the points system is only a reflection of demand for courses, not how ****e or good they are:)

Advertisement