Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened in Eve?

Options
  • 16-06-2006 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Just activated again (bored).

I noticed they added a deadspace option so I tried going to some of the places.

They have actually added a lot of new places to visit and some are quite interesting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Inisin

I'd say the Cosmos constellations are the most intresting (mission wise) thing they've created in eve. Although the level 4 mission "When Worlds Collide" is fun, especially when you have two different pirate factions attacking you at the same time. :D

Looking at the recent news stories it looks like they're starting to build up to faction warfare in the Kali release. Should be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

The "When Worlds Collide" mission is a bitch, at each of the levels, depending on the ship you are in. But that said, the deadspace ideas are kinda nice, I think they are basically just instances though...

I got bored of eve though, this time it took alot longer than usual but the end result was the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Well I am still at it. They new graphics engine for Vista looks really sweet. They have changed a lot of the agent missions, harder, using the new ships (BCs). I really do miss just doing missions as fleet wars are begining to piss me off. Last night 355+ in E3- and the lag was horrendous. I much prefer PvP on a smaller scale. However, the problem with missions is that they are so limited I think there are only about 30 unique agent missions. For the Cosmos missions you need a fighter, a large transport and a small quick(very quick) transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Well I am down to 2 million isk and low class Cruiser. :D Clearly lost everything I learnt in game that stopped me from blowing up so often.

Was tempted to activate Jaggehs account so i could nick the 120 million isk and some ships from him but think its better if I learn the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

started playing recently. could someone explain what the new features in the game actually are? Everything is new to me so just wondering what has changed/bee added from before.

Also, does anyone get that 1 second pause every so often when playing? Its like occasional (but regular) lag. I didn't notice it as much when using my eircom BB connection versus BT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adline

well, I just get bored to WOW and now very interested with Eve, hope it can give me new funs.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doud

D wrote:
    Last night 355+ in E3- and the lag was horrendous. I much prefer PvP on a smaller scale.

Hey D, are you in ASCN? anyone else is?

DouD aka Lan Peak

Yeah, have no idea if any other boardsie is though. There are a few other threads about Eve that lists peoples corps. Regi and The Corithian set one up themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doud

D wrote:
    Yeah, have no idea if any other boardsie is though.
    Okay cool, I've been in feyth ever since Xetic ;)

Cya in Space

DouD

Well I joined Thantos as I know people there from real life.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im watching you....... *gives hobbes eveil eye*

i may want to come back and start playing, if i get bored with everquest.
    i dont mind you using the miner tho :) just make sure you keep him training :D

Yea I moved the miner to my corps system.. man that was horrible. It took approx 5 hours (over the period of a couple of days) to get there. Only 24 jumps. :eek:

For the last few jumps I got ghosted by a well known rat who belongs to a suicide corp (they suicide attack on you to loot you). When his buddies turned up they scanned me and then just sodded off as I wasn't carrying anything worthwhile.

Your main character jaggeh I didn't activate. You can pay for that one. :P

Advertisement