Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do they ever make mistakes?

Options
  • 16-06-2006 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just curious,

Do the colleges ever make mistakes when reviewing a degree project?
    I've been told that the procedure involves about 3 different people and if there is a huge difference in grading that it gets re-checked but has anyone experience in actually correcting a Degree project.

Reason i ask is cause i received my provisional results last week and I have passed everything but the project. Tis kinda hard to digest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I've corrected Diploma level projects.

One thing that strikes me in your case is that it shouldn't have been a surprise. From correcting projects and having my own MSc. project corrected, it usually involves a project supervisor over a period of a couple of months. Did this happen with you?

I know I used to give on-going feedback. When doing my own MSc. project, my supervisor did the exact same thing. So well before hand, I knew where I stood.

Did you have to give any kind of presentation on the project? Again, I was at both ends of this. It is not just one person's opinion that the project is marked on, it is usually a panel of 2-3.

Advertisement