Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mexico vs Angola

• 16-06-2006 8:44pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Everyone in the pub? Maybe nobody cares about this one but I would be dissappointed if we missed a game thread during the WC. One thing we haven't had yet is an upset in this years event. Probably won't have one here either but it would make the game more interesting if Angola could score.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Fairly awful so far, not much really happening.

need mexico to win for my bet but would like to see at least one african team win a game.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

0-0 at half time, apparantly Mexico all went into a huddle at half time near the centre circle as Angola walked off - I guess they feel they should be doing better.

I'm in work listening on beeb 5 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I find Mexico a very boring team to watch, in fact this group has been pretty boring so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I keep getting Flashbacks of Suwon '02 watching these two teams.

eirebhoy wrote:
    I find Mexico a very boring team to watch, in fact this group has been pretty boring so far.

Were decent in their 1st game using pace and width they look knackered now.

kdjac

• Advertisement

It's a pity this is the evening game and the Argentina game had to missed by most. guess thats the way the cards fall.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I'm off to the pub. People to meet and it doesn't look like I'll miss much.

Mexico should have scored there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Has just been a lack lustre affair. Even the Marquez freekick off the post was lacking.

Makaveli wrote:
    Has just been a lack lustre affair. Even the Marquez freekick off the post was lacking.

Seen 20 odd games since last friday this and all of Englands group have been the worst.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've seen every game now bar Tunisia - Saudi Arabia and this is certainly ranking as one of the worst. The two Poland games have been just as bad as the Group B games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Ws that Kenny C on co-commentary? Sounded good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Kinsella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

all over, 0-0...disappointing :(

Kinsella

ok, that makes more sense, ta. could hardly hear it the those pesky kids screaming....;)

now I missed the big laugh they just had. what was that about??

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

Thats rubbish!!!!! had a bet on 16 games, just needed MEXICO, Italy, Czech republic and Brazil and I woulda been 4k richer. ARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!:mad: :mad:

Dr. Nick wrote:
    now I missed the big laugh they just had. what was that about??

The Angolan goalkeeper. Wasn't nearly as funny as they made it out to be. Just slagging the fact that he could make a good save and then on the next shot jump past the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I enjoyed that.

Angola to thump Iran 3-0 as Portugal beat Mexico and they play Argentina in the next round! :D

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Makaveli wrote:
    The Angolan goalkeeper. Wasn't nearly as funny as they made it out to be. Just slagging the fact that he could make a good save and then on the next shot jump past the ball.
    It was just one of those times you can't help yourself laughing. Fair play to Souness for actually getting a reply back as Giles was in bits.:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement