Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent open mic nights?

Options
  • 17-06-2006 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

I want recognition.

OPEN MIC... OPEN MIC...

Where??

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

As in comedy open Mic...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Open mic as in "anything-the-hell-you-want" open mic. From singing to sword eating. I sing and joke myself. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've seen your stuff over in the thuderdome, so do yourself and society a favour and stay at home.............forever!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure it's not like you're old enough to be out after 8 anyway!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've seen your stuff over in the thuderdome, so do yourself and society a favour and stay at home.............forever!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure it's not like you're old enough to be out after 8 anyway!!!!!!!

funny cos its true

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Sword Eating? Is that a euphemism?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭deaddonkey

SexyD4Lady wrote:
    I want recognition.

OPEN MIC... OPEN MIC...

Where??

hate to be blunt here.

but with an ego like that, you're going nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Join the Billy barry kids!!!!!!!!!!!

d4 lady gets a lot of stick around these parts... are you THAT bad?

Heehee, I hope I amn't that bad!

My days with Billie are well over... :rolleyes:

Ah no, I didn't mean to sound egotistic. I'm just curious as to where in Dublin host decent open mic nights of relatively high standards. Not that I'm saying my performing is of a high standard, I just wouldn't want to perform in some dive!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

not doin yerself any favours here lil lady...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

booo you suck.

(get used to it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

A quick google shows that the Ha'penny Inn do both an open mic music and comedy night: http://www.battleoftheaxe.com/.

As far as I know they're the only place that do an open mic comedy night (there's probably more but they do a good job of hiding it). There should be a few more places doing open mic music nights. Bruxelles used to do an acoustic one if I remember correctly.

You might get more info from the various music boards both here and on other sites.

Earthhorse wrote:
    A quick google shows that the Ha'penny Inn do both an open mic music and comedy night: http://www.battleoftheaxe.com/.

As far as I know they're the only place that do an open mic comedy night (there's probably more but they do a good job of hiding it). There should be a few more places doing open mic music nights. Bruxelles used to do an acoustic one if I remember correctly.

You might get more info from the various music boards both here and on other sites.

Thank you, Earthhorse!

Wow, someone actually helped me and didn't diss me in the same post! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭smokie78

ur hot

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I can diss you in a later post if it makes you feel comfortable.

Advertisement