Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFVII for ps3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Egyptian

What a great game. I look forward to it's release, but I don't look forward to forking out more cash for the PS3 :(

__

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BOF666

I duno if i want 2 av 2 play through 7 again tho. i mean its not a short game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

It's only a technical demo they made to demonstrate the capability of the PS3. They did a similar thing with VIII on the PS2. They have denied they're going to remake it more than once I beleve.

However, the fact of the matter is that somthing that makes money tends not to stay dead for too long. I reckon we'll see it sooner or later. Maybe after XIII, who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭solace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TuneR

BOF666 wrote:
    I duno if i want 2 av 2 play through 7 again tho. i mean its not a short game!

Ah sure you do, i wanted to play it again after watching AC a few months ago but have lost the PS game. I would like it to come out on the PS3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

As said already, just a TECH DEMO.

And I doubt they'll be re-making it. Re-makes tend to not sell big, just amongst the fan boys.

A sequel..? Maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Since Squaresoft became Square-Enix they seem to be doing everything in their power to cash off of FF with ****ty spin off games and what not, rather annoying. I hope they don't remake VII (wich they have denied numerous times! as the game is already perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Yea, i agree. They have been getting cash anyway they can.
    So many crappy FFs, it's making me losing some respect for them:mad:

Although those graphics were amazing in the trailer, i hope they don't remake it. I would like them to only if they don't give them voiced or tamper with the game in any way other than graphics, but that wouldn't happen Any tiny change could ruin it, and voice would demolish it. I hate the way they talk in the more recent games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Being the cash cow that VII is, I'd be very surprised if we don't see a remake. Take a look at the AC sales for example, to the tune of two and a half million copies have been sold to date. And considering what a poor piece of film making that was, that's quite a considerable amount.

Any box, provided it's decorated with any sort of FF VII markings, will sell. There would be throngs of people waiting outside the game shops or eagerly awaiting the postman's delivery if it's remade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't be surprised either if we see an FFVII update on PS3. I'm sure the tech demo wasn't just made to show off another companies hardware alone.

As for the FFVII selling power not only has the atrocious advent children sold rather well but FFVII Dirge of Cerberus, which is a complete mess of a game, got to no. 1 in the japanese charts. Expect the same success in America and Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

A remake of FFVII on the PS3 would be a massive incentive for me to get a PS3, with anything bearing the FFVII name selling so well I'm sure they've more than considered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yea id probably want to buy a ps3 too ! Honestly I dont think I would cause like I dont play the playstation much anymore... more into the pc games now... Maybe they might release one for the pc :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement