Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

corolla want to modify it looking for parts

Options
  • 17-06-2006 1:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hi my names in mike i have a corolla 1.3 door corolla the 92-97 model
    i want to modify the **** out of it. yes i know there is not much for the car and yes in know weasting my time but i want to try any way so said i would post up here if any 1 knows where i can get some parts for the car. really looking for suspension kits and proformance parts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 doggy

do a google search for booster tuning, www.tte.de, www.rev-eng.com. Have a look on toyotaownersclub.com also. And don't forget ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You could spend vast amounts of money on a nicer car. Seems a very unlikely car to fit performance parts to. just take the plunge and buy something decent.

(That's my take on it anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cirusthevirus

cool ya i know buying a different car is the easer option i like the shape of this car and just want to see how much can be done with it

If you like the shape, you should at least start with a 1.5 jap model with A/C full electrics etc. or better still an ultra rare 1.6 20 valve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

theres a 20valve one being "toyed" with in a breakers yard in donnabate.
    Also why not get a celica engine and stuff andshoehorn them in? then leave the cosmetics as standard as possible for a sleeper look.

• Advertisement

or fit a jet engine to the back of it while you're at it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

colm_mcm wrote:
    or fit a jet engine to the back of it while you're at it!

No need for the fu(king sarcasm. If he wants power, his own engine isnt gonna give it to him. and its not like it cant be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

All the lads down here are blacking out the back lights on these and driving around with knackered manifolds and massive exhausts. As the man says -"All fart and no sh**e"

I don't know if there is a genuine import corolla GT (if there is I assume it's the 1.6 4AGE), but I see the badge on a few cars around Cork which I assume are wannabes - either that or there was a factory option to tack on a second back box, usually of a slightly different type to the factory model. If there is an actual Corolla GT I would say look into it and see what cosmetic mods you could make to copy it.

Not a GT, but the little known XLiRacing model ... modified_corolla1.jpg

Don't sink a load of money into though, I'm assuming you're on your first car and working as an apprentice of some type? (Well all the guys in cork with 92-97 1.3 corollas are first year apprentices) If you save for a while and work up NCB you can be driving a Subaru or an Integra like all the rest of the lads in no time.

No need for the fu(king sarcasm. If he wants power, his own engine isnt gonna give it to him. and its not like it cant be done.

With respect, the idea of buying a Corolla 1.3 XLi and trying to fit Celica running gear to a car that can barely handle 100bhp is ridiculous. I accept that it can be fun to take a completely standard car, and discreetly fit a high powered engine, brakes etc while keeping the exterior standard.
    I'm presuming you're not suggesting he run a Celica engine and continue to insure it as 1.3, so why go to the bother of transforming the cheapest model Corolla into a fire breathing monster, go through the hassle of fabricating engine mounts, upgrading brakes, paying through the nose for insurance etc. when 96 BMW 520's and 523's are able to be had for a few grand.

I feel that if this guy needs more performance, he should get a different car now, before he pours any of his money into it.

thanks lads for all ur help. i am thinking of going over to fen sport next year when insurance goes down going to put the 2litre turbo celica in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

cargrouch wrote:

I don't know if there is a genuine import corolla GT (if there is I assume it's the 1.6 4AGE),

There is a 3 door hatchback sports model from Japan known as a Corolla
    FX coupe and I have seen a few of them, there doesnt appear to be any
    aerial fitted as standard. The rear hatchback has the small square number plate fittings. I suppose you could call it a pre glanza type sports hatch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Ya, go to fensport in the uk. they have a 200mph corolla ( new shape ) If you have the money to spend get a engine/tranny swap from the 1.8 or 2.0 4wd. It will cost you a absolute fortune to do but thats your decission. Abbbey motorsport are worth a try too.

If it was me i would sell that car and buy something quicker, like a 180/200/sileeighty and go bannanas !!!

this is what my corolla looks like mow

is that a complete respray?

no just the front end back bumper and side skirts u like

the kit is pretty nice, but that spoiler wouldn't be to my taste. (I'd also suggest bigger wheels to go with the kit. look a bit lost under the arches) The colour looks deadly. maybe it's just the light, but I don't think I've seen that colour before

there isn't many of that colour around i ahve taken off the spoiler and put on bigger wheels but havn't got around to taken pics yet.

I work in a Toyota dealer and I've never seen that colour. is it UK?

ya its uk spec all right. what u driving ur self

various Toyota company cars (usually of the family variety!)

• Advertisement

would u know by any chance how much a gasget would be for the manifold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I have a contact in Cork if thats any use (and the Cork boys love their Toyotas).
    This is probably the best Toyota expert when it comes to modding I have ever come across.

Well worth a call if even for a chat to see what he can recommend.

ya sound whats the number

The car in the picture you posted has an aftermarket exhaust, is it just a backbox or a complete system. or just a tailpipe? (any more pictures?)

just a back box getting of getting a decat and a 4 branch manifold.

Cool. is it on UK plates? stick on a set of clear side repeaters. newer model Corolla ones should fit.

no it on irish plates now.
    just ordered a dcat and short shifter for it also getting shocks and spring kit, strut brace 4 branch manifold and new head lights.

is it not lowered already?

got any new pics?

it is lowered all ready but i want it lower.
    waiting on a nice day to take news pics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Any pics of your Corolla yet??

I have a 94 1.3l h/b, 5 door (have child need back doors).

I know it is not high performance, but would still like it to look well.

Might have to just save and get the 20 valve model, looks sweet.

Advertisement