Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cambiasso's goal: One of the best ever?

• 17-06-2006 5:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

That goal was the greatest goal i've ever seen live on the telly. Anyone else agree? Or suggest an alternative?

(please don't merge. i think the goal deserves a thread of it's own.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

Fantastic team goal. The first 2 argentina goals had great passing build ups. Pissed off I didn't get to see the game live. From the highlights it looked like an absolute classic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It was an incredible game, I've got it recorded and thank god I do.
    It was the best goal I have ever seen in my life, and I doubt I'll see better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It was by far the best goal I've ever seen "as it happens". We've probably all seen wondergoals on youtube and stuff, but nothing beats seeing a goal like that from inoccuous start to glorious finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

It reminds me of Brazils 4th against Italy in WC70.While i admire individual goals that are class nothing compares to a team goal executed with such brilliance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

i think it was like 25 passes alltogether before the goal

I really hope Argentina win the world cup and thrash England on the way to the final

they'll show England how football should be played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

didn't see the game....any link to that GOAL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Missed it live but i have watched it 3/4 times on different highlights.
    Fabulous goal, s&m could do sfa about it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Anam

Definately one of the best ever,certainly the best team goal i have ever seen.

It was just pure class from start to finish,everyone was involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

It was the best goal I have ever seen as it happens. It was just such pure class. For me it was a lot better than Carlos Alberto's goal of the 74cup. Best goal of all time, possibly but for me there is a big distinction between a moment of sheer brilliance like Maradonnas and the perfect team goal like this one.

As Alan said on the bbc website. If it was Brazil who had scored it we would be thinking it was the greatest goal ever so why not Argentina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8inh6-SClqI&search=argentina%20serbia
    here is a link but it doesnt show the whole build up.
    it has to be one of the best goals ever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

They are a very dangerous looking outfit. Brazil are the only team with Italy and possibly Spain who i can see challenging them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoL8Lr9LVM4&search=argentina%2024%20passes

The full goal, all 20+ passes

what a phenomenal Goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm going to go a slightly different line and say that while it was an excellent team goal, where were the serbians? In all the 20 odd passes, how many tackles were put in? They may as well have been on a training pitch on their own. If you watch each pass up until the last 2 or 3 there isnt a s&m player within 10 yards of each player.

Not that it wasnt a great goal but serbia were very poor for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Stekelly wrote:
    I'm going to go a slightly different line and say that while it was an excellent team goal, where were the serbians? In all the 20 odd passes, how many tackles were put in? They may as well have been on a training pitch on their own. If you watch each pass up until the last 2 or 3 there isnt a s&m player within 10 yards of each player.

I don't agree. There was nothing the Serbs could do. If they went in to try and get the ball it would have left them on their arse as there was always an Argentinian player waiting to take the pass. I couldn't see them stopping that play without fouling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stekelly wrote:

Attempt to get the ball on pass 3 ( trixed by the argentine )
    Attempt to get the ball on pass 5 ( trixed by the argentine )
    Tackle made on pass 6 ( trixed by the argentine )
    Attempt to get the ball on pass 9 ( trixed by the argentine )
    Pass 15, player closed down by 2, had to pass backwards

and there were many more occasions were s&m players were well within 3 yards, let alone 10

maybe u should watch the video i posted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Hey, let's not forget, that Crespo was very effectivly closed down, if not for the backheel

eirebhoy wrote:
    I couldn't see them stopping that play without fouling.

That shows inexperience so. A keane or viera, or quiet possibly one the the argentine midfielders woul dhave given away a useless free kick out by the touchline to break up the move.

As I said, great goal. But it could have been easily broken up and prevented.

Attempt to get the ball on pass 3 ( trixed by the argentine )
    Attempt to get the ball on pass 5 ( trixed by the argentine )
    Tackle made on pass 6 ( trixed by the argentine )
    Attempt to get the ball on pass 9 ( trixed by the argentine )
    Pass 15, player closed down by 2, had to pass backwards

and there were many more occasions were s&m players were well within 3 yards, let alone 10

maybe u should watch the video i posted :)

Dont need to, saw iot plenty of times on tv. There is 1 half attempt at a tackle which came on the edge of the box late, before the ball was switched to cambiasso. The player tracking cambiasso was watching crespos back heel and in doing so let cambiasso in behind him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

This is the same team that conceded 1 goal in qualifying so I don't think the quality of Serbia's defence made too much of a difference. Argentina were just too good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

That was the best goal ive ever seen live, Have seen better one's tho like someone pointed out on youtube.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

It was a great goal but I wouldnt consider it the best ever my foaurite goals of all time (Gormley and Manchini) were both better altough individual rather than team efforts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

My head exploded at the end of that. It's the first time i've seen people playing football where everything they did was perfect. The only thing that ruined it was mick mccarthy agreeing with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Great great team goal, certainly one of the best team goals ever but I wouldn't rate it as one of the best goals ever. I think some of the media have been hyping the goal up a bit too much when they should be raving on about a perfect exhibition of football from Argentina as a whole.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think its one of the best team goals of all time. I dont think you can compare a team goal to an individual goal like Maradona's in '86 because they are so different. I have to say that the Serbians did help the goal a bit because they stood off the Argentinians and let them pass it around. They didnt close down quick enough like they should but saying that it was still a top goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Best goal I've ever seen live anyway. And, divorced from its context, probably better that Carlos Alberto's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Best goal I've ever watched live as well, simply incredible.

Advertisement