Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Original Series Weekend on Sci-Fi

Options
  • 17-06-2006 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭

Morning all,

Just to let you know the Sci-Fi channel is having a Star Trek weekend, showcasing some of the better episodes from Seasons 1 and 2 of the Original Series (no Doomsday Machine, Space Seed or Mirror Mirror tho :() and all in digitally remastered format, finishing up this evening with Star Trek II and V, but more tomorrow.

Starts today at 11AM (repeated an hour later on Sci-Fi+1). Get those videos/Sky+ boxes running :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

hooray. KHAAAAAAN!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Woohoo !:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I love star trek but TOS is just poo! I cringe whenever I look at it >_<

azezil wrote:
    :D That's a good one all right!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

azezil wrote:
    Ah now.. it's not that bad. Like pc games in the 80s it was more about the story than the fancy special effects.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The first episode I ever saw of Star Trek is on at the moment... The one with the shapeshifting salt vampire... That think freaked me out as a kid.

To be serious - If you consider TOS in its context (the mid-1960s) it was approx 100X more innovative and cutting-edge than TNG, DS9 or any other sci-fi TV show that I can think of at the moment.

Advertisement