Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JBL (and coach) (mizz)

• 17-06-2006 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

JBL did a good job as colour guy beside cole last night. we got some great views and opinions and JBL would make a great history teacher. he is as good as coach. i will give him a few more weeks just in case last night was a fluke. i was not happy at first to hear JBL was a colour man beside cole, but after last night i changed my mind.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

miz- piz off. i dont like the miz.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

"The Miz" reminds me of Poochie from The Simpsons. He's trying so hard to be "cool", with his hip catchphrases....."ooohhhh-rahh" (wtf??), but he just sucks... And those dumb "Miz Tv" clips with him acting the rebel around wwe buildings etc.....meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I must say JBL did a great job as cole colour guy. I was more of a heel commentator imo which i thought is great. His intro for King Booker was great. Reminds me of King a few years back when no matter what the heel did, they were always right and the face was wrong. Like when Regal did hardy form behind, he was defender finlay but when gunner did it, it was a cheap shot. I love that kinda commentating.

Miz sucks btw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

triple h wrote:
    JBL did a good job as colour guy beside cole last night..... and JBL would make a great history teacher.

I agree JBL surprised me as he has ever since becoming JBL instead of APA'a Bradshaw but a great history teacher ?

to my recolection all he did that could justify this point was continue to point out that Irish people and english people havent always got along and made comparrisons to other cultures which werent always apt... he then went on to continuously talk about how bombs were going off left right and centre in Ireland as Finley grew up... which if anything portrays a sterotype of Ireland from the past that irish people wouldent exactly want constantly repeated on the air. Although what can be expected when the one Irish wrestler walks around with a Shamrock on his chest a shelalli (dont even know how to spell it cos it ait a word or thing used by irish people) as a weapon and who is followed round by someone who is blatantly supposed to be a leprechaun.

plus if JBL was a great history teacher as micheal cole said once or twice then maybe he would have mentioned that finley is supposedly from Belfast not the republic where many people consider themselves British not Irish hence the allegience with william regal and the embarrasing King Booker angle.

tho like i said it is WWE after all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

JBL did better than I thought he would I must admit. I liked his line for Michael Cole when he was talking about bowing down to King Booker: "I know you're used to being on your knees, Michael."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I just watched a bit of it there, no way am I sittin through a full SD. He's doin well, I thought he would though, he's a funny guy who knows his stuff. Really nice to have a heel commentating again. It'll probably take him a few weeks to really get into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Thought he did a great job, a good replacement for taz, and its great to see him still on smackdown, would have hated if he had gotten the g m job on raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

aside from the cringeworthy Irish references, i thought he was really good.

you do have to remember though, that the wwe still refer to Ireland as part of the uk when they are promoting the tours over here (regardless of how many e-mails i send them).

Advertisement