Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Going back onto bill phone

• 17-06-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

HI all,

Whats the story with the mobile operators in ireland,

I want to go onto a bill phone without getting a phone with the connection and was told i'd still have to sign a 12 month contract - im leaving the contry in 3 month so that dosent suit.

I even asked vodafone, as i had a contact with them before, never missed a payment and they said id need to sign the contract also.

Does wnyone know a way around this as with my job now ill be making alot of calls during the day and pay as you go will kill me with credit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

no, the contract is 12 months no matter what. get onto meteor if you want to spend as little as possible

I thought with Vodafone you only needed to sign up to a minimum contract term if you bought a new phone? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Karsini wrote:
    I thought with Vodafone you only needed to sign up to a minimum contract term if you bought a new phone? :confused:
    no, there is a sim only option. the contract is still the same though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Carphone whorehouse used to do an insurance whereby if you paid 9.99 a quarter they would pay the termination charges on your contract.

You might investigate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

Thanks for that secret_squirrel, Ill look into that this evening - as I only need the phone for a couple of months, that might be my only option

Ta for the replys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

AFAIK, there's absolutely no way you can not sign a contract for at least 12 months on billpay.
    Just go onto Meteor pay as you go. 20c/min calls, 9c texts and free voicemail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

12 months!

Advertisement