Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frustrated with Window company

Options
  • 17-06-2006 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi all,

I finished self-building our house last year. Everything went well except for the installation of our windows. The problems related to wrong type of glass, windows, windows locking up, not being able to close patio doors correctly etc etc.

I sent an email complaining to the MD of the company complaining of the poor installation and today after a year I am still have problems.

I want to escalate this to someone of some organisation but I dont know who? The Window Company and it's MD had its chance...a whole year...

Any advise,

TeddyB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

Have you spoken to them?
    Have they made any repairs?

Phone consumer affairs they will advise you web site http://www.odca.ie/ .

I went through the same with a kitchen company a few years ago. I brought them to the small claims court. They didnt even bother to show up and I got £750 back from them.
    All I wanted was a door from a press and a piece of moulding but they refused to give me what I wanted and the judge agreed that the kitchen wasnt finished to the standard that was expected. They paid up and I never heard from them again. I got a friend to go to them and ask for a door to be made up to my cupboards measurements pretending it was for him and they had it there in stock. They were just playing silly beggars.
    Hope it works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 teddyb

Hi Gonk,

Thanks for the advise....Just the info I was looking for..

TeddyD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

gonker wrote:
    I got a friend to go to them and ask for a door to be made up to my cupboards measurements pretending it was for him and they had it there in stock.

Now there's a good example of how to handle the situation properly!

Advertisement